Next Generation Emulation banner

ePSXe and GeForce 3

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  alaviolette 
#1 ·
I am using Pete's OGL 1.49 on high quality with extended filtering and a Geforce 3 set on Quincunx anti-aliasing. What a fantastic combination! The graphics are just stunning. I am playing Spiderman and Dino Crisis 2 and often I just stop the game play and stare at the graphics. Pete and the creators of ePSXe are geniuses in my book. The fact that the program is free of charge and runs so well is still amazing to me. I am new to the emulation scene and I am delighted to be able to play all the old (and new) PSX games that were formerly taking up space in my closet. Thanks to the whole team!

Alan

#4 ·
Best buy for 299.00 Very expensive considering this is not the top of the line of the geforce3 cards...... It is like the geforce2 32 mb cards out there only this one is geforce3 selling at that price..... The geforce3 ultra with 64 meg or ram would probably be 500 bones......

#5 ·
Check Pricewatch. This excellent card with 64 MB of DDR Ram is at several places for under $350. If you are thinking of upgrading, this is the card to buy. The anti-aliasing is head and shoulders above the Geforce 2 Ultra. It makes most PSX games much smoother looking.

#6 ·
Yep, it's nice to play games again for the first time (erm...does that make sense?) on ePSXe. Hopefully GeForce 3 pricing fluctuates a bit more by the Fall so I can throw one onto my upcoming PC (ooh). It may be a good card, but it's too darn expensive for most budgets.

#8 ·
Hello, Particleman. I have not tried it yet with any Squaresoft games so I cannot give you an answer. I hate to admit it, but I usually solve graphics problems by using a trial and error method. I just start unchecking options until the problem is isolated. Sorry I could not be of more help. (BTW, were you really defeated by Triangleman?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.