Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
I Have a little request here to anyone who has a copy of tomb raider 1 & 2. Both games run "Perfectly" on my comp except for the darn cd audio tracks. They never play when there supposed to. Infact the only time they do play is when i press select to go into my inventory and then exit, Track 1 (on both games) Starts to play and continue's to play every time I enter/exit the inventory (It Restarts the track). No other cd audio is played throughout the game, but as i said track 1 always plays when exiting the inventory.
Because of this problem no "In Game" FMV Sequences will play as they must access the cd audio tracks-epsxe jsut hangs on both games at that point.
VGS works perfect with both games including cd audio tracks but it looks crap compared to epsxe.
So could anyone who has both tomb raider 1 and 2 (Pal uk versions is what i use) Verify for me that it isn't jsut a problem on my computer and see if they can get the cd audio to work on both games to work for them.
Any Help Appreciated :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Tomb Raider 1 & 2 I use:

GPU----Pete's D3D Driver 1.49
SPU----Internal epsxe SPU
CDR----Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.3

I Have all the sound setting's Enabled in the options menu in epsxecutor so it must be something else?
Also im using epsxe 1.2.0.
Any ideas anyone?
PLEASE!!!
:emb: :emb: :emb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah and ive tried enabling the cheats for both games but it only got the games running-not the cd audio tracks (properly) however.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Ive tried all sound and cdr plugins available for epsxe and they all give the same result-no cd audio for both games :(
If anyone has gotten either games to work with cd audio poperly please post your config so i can try them on my comp ;)
bobby.

S

·
0 Posts
Bobby, you say you have tried all CD plugins on your system. Well, have you tried Pete's CD plugin vers. 1.3? If you have, have you looked at the speed limiting options? There is one to set your drive to run at 2x speed, which is the speed of an actual PSX cd unit. Then, if you try this, I suggest you try Pete's Midas sound plugin. This is what I did in an attempt to get Gauntlet Legends to play properly and to get all the music and sounds as well. It worked. The game plays and sounds perfect in full 3d. So, you may just want to try this combination w/Tomb Raider 1 and 2, it just might work. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sxamiga i tryed limiting the speed to "2x" in pete's cdr driver 1.3 and also used pete's midas spu plugin with tombraider 1 & 2 but alas no cd audio-But i'll say one thing slowing down the speed to 2x makes almost all mdec's on my system run at perfect speed!!!
Could anyone verify if the cd audio problem is a problem with the current epsxe release (1.2.0) or has anyone managed to get tombraider 1 or 2 working properly?
Also are there other games that run with epsxe currently without playing the games internal cd audio tracks?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it just my comp or does epsxe have problems with cd audio in games? All plugins tried-same result :( :( :(

S

·
0 Posts
Bobby, yes ePSXe still does have some problems w/CD audio, particularly speech. The sound problems are know and are being worked on, but for now, we'll have to be happy w/what we have.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 11 of 11 Posts