Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello gents, new to this forum.
Got my old lap top refreshed recently and wanted to play some 90s games mainly ps1 jrpg games.
Anyway, I thing my setup is good enough for ps1 games (maybe ps2 also) but I don't know why Im not getting a smooth gameplay?
My laptop is Toshiba Z40 Tecra, 4th gen i7, 8GB ram, and geforce gt730m.
I followed the below video for setup

I got amazing results in FF7 and Vanguard Bandit during the story line, but when the fight starts the motion is realy realy slow (smooth but slooow) and background music is somehow not always clear and not smooth too.

Fps is like 3 sec stable at 60fps, then for 0.1 sec drop to 20 ~ 19 fps, then back to stable 60fps.

I start to think maybe my laptop specs is not enough, but come on its only ps1 games how come!!!!

Is there a way to get a smooth play??? Mainly I want to play JRPG, and some RE, silent hell, and parasite eve.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,516 Posts
Well, that's actually a pretty bad configuration video. You should never use hle bios because it's very buggy and causes problems with most games. You should never use the presets in Pete's opengl 2. Threading should never be set above 0. Compatibility should usually be set to 1, 3, 2.

Realistically, you should just use duck station. It's a much better Playstation 1 emulator than ePSXe ever will be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the informations, so as I can understand epsxe is having more glitches and difficulties.
Just checked duckstation, and I see its for android devices, too bad I don't have tablet myself and this mean I have to spend at least $600 for Samsung S6 tablet.
So just wondering any other good emu for PC that runs smooth? Since I have a PC now.

·
Not a Registered User
1,419 Posts
Thanks alot for the informations, so as I can understand epsxe is having more glitches and difficulties.
Just checked duckstation, and I see its for android devices, too bad I don't have tablet myself and this mean I have to spend at least $600 for Samsung S6 tablet.
So just wondering any other good emu for PC that runs smooth? Since I have a PC now.
Duckstation

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, that's actually a pretty bad configuration video. You should never use hle bios because it's very buggy and causes problems with most games. You should never use the presets in Pete's opengl 2. Threading should never be set above 0. Compatibility should usually be set to 1, 3, 2.

Realistically, you should just use duck station. It's a much better Playstation 1 emulator than ePSXe ever will be.
I second your sentiment

·
Registered
21 Posts
this old, stop use epsxe. delete epsxe from your computer and from the world,
now use DUCKSTATION + internal resolution x6 and xBRZ filter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts