Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello people. As the title of this thread says, I'm having problems with ePSXe 1.70 . It used to run just fine, bt since I installed [pec] it just wont work anymore. Everytime I set to start the game or bios I see crashes or glitches. Tried to change my video configuration, my plugins, reinstalled the emulator, deleted the [pec] but nothing seems to work. I'm no newcommer to solving computer problems, but this time the more I try to fix it more I screw it up. So I'm comming here asking for help. I'm running ePSXe on a notebook with a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00ghz, with the infamous 256 mb SiS Mirage 3 on board graphics card, 2gb of ram on Windows XP SP3. I'm also running Vista Inspirate, with is a skin pack (sort of) that makes your system looks like Vista. I did not changed or installed anything on my notebook between the last sucessful run of ePSXe and the time it started to crash but the [pec], so I think that it might have something to do with that plugin. Also, it seems that the emulator is running r-e-a-l-l-y s---l---o---w this days.

Trying to make myself clear, I've got some screenshots of my glitches.

Running the BIOS with Pete's OpenGL 2.9 with the "nice" configuration. The animation also becomes slow. Same thing happens when I try to run anygame, excepts that the screen just black out.

Running the BIOS with Pete's OpenGL 1.77 with "fast" configuration. The animation this times goes smooth except for the glitches.

Running MegaMan X5 with Pete's OpenGL 1.77 with "fast" configuration. It blacked out the screen qhen it started, then I loaded a savestate o' mine and took this screen.

Running on Pete's DX6 1.77 with "fast" configuration did worked, but when I started megaman x5, the screen got black. I loaded the same savestate of the last picture, and it worked just fine. The same happens when I've run Inuyasha, Saga Frontier 2 and Megaman X6. In "nice" configuration does the same, except the games gets a little slower :B Actually, when I run the bios it shows a "Analog OFF" message, but when i run the games, it doesn't. Wonder if the games are actually starting. And oh, same thing happens when I run on Pete's D3D plugin. Everygame was run from a .cue/.ccd image, BTW.

Lewpy's 3dfx/Glide3 GPU 1.40 doesn't work. The plugin returns error, and when I try to run with the plugin it just crashes.

I hope I made myself clear about my problem. Question is, oh great sages of emulation, what the crap i must do to play again xD?

Edit by Shendo: Please use default color. Your posts are painfully hard to read.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
PS, Fireblaster, DO NOT recommend the D3D plugin on ATI cards, theres a heavy performance hit and lag issue with it these days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Making Sure

Ok, just to make sure, you want me to put "Off-screen Drawing on 2-Standard, Advanced Blending - 0 none and Framebuffer textures 2- Gfx card Buffer - can be slow" ? 'cuz I'v done that, and it still does not start the game, I need to load a snapshot in order to play ("not so hard" someone may think? Try doing that in a new game @[email protected]).

Also, I've been trying to play from a savestate today, The emulator freezes when it needs to change a screen (in Saga Frontier II, it freezes after I entr a battle and try to attack, on Megaman x6 when I try to enter any stage). Wonder if the problem is really on the Graphic plugin. I'll try to see if my Cd-Rom plugin is working properly.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the D3D plugin has 4 menu's while the ogl has 3, enable advanced blending as it makes psx games look better, and then set the OD, FE and FA settings

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ugh

Uh... I don't really think that I'm having a misconfiguration problem of the Video Plugin... I actually can load savestates, but I just can't load things from the game (as if the disk was mortally flawed back in the psx days). Games stuck at the loading screen, I think we all have already dealt with this things back in the console days. I wonder what the crap can make an emulator stop reading isos. I'll try to run a game in disk here, see if it works. I'll post the result here later.

UPDATE:

I just tried to run Castlevania Symphony of the Night (slus_0067) from the phisical gamedisk. Same problem as the other games, it just don't start the game, does not show that "Analog Off" or the little box on the right top corner when I press any of the 'F#' keys. This is getting more and more confuse. Say, if helps, I could record a video showing what's happening and post it on youtube.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Enable the Log window, and post a screenshot of it when the emulaor "sticks"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok, I'll do it and post it here ASAP.

UPDATE:

I did it, but I don't think it will help.

First run, using Pete's DX6 plugin

Then I loaded a Savestate

And then I triend to enter a random stage. It got stuck on that screen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't work even if I don't savestate. It doesn't even start games I have never played. It's not a issue about the savestates. Somehow the emulator is not running any game. I loadstate and it comes to the last loaded screen, but when it tries to make a new load ("now loading..."), it just gets stuck. it's like if the laser cannon of the psx was damaged and can't read the discs. And I have no idea how the crap I am suposed to fix a virtual laser cannon T_T

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its the spu plugin at fault.
Many games require an SPU write and readback to continue past certain points.
Use either the default spu plugin, or EternalSPU, if you desire to disable sound, mute the output for epsxe in the Vista sound panel, rather then using a nullsound plugin.

I can tell this for certain since the logger does not list SPU init ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
\o/ <o> \o/ HELL YEAH MAN!!!!!! But it was not the plugin, I just had the "sound enabled" combobox disabled. But it's working now. Thank you man! Finaly I can play again! Many thanks, seriously. I would have never figured out that was because i had muted the sound.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
LOL, well that was gunna be my next response, so im glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just one question, how can I mute ePSXe withouth damaging the emulation? You mantioned the Vista sound panel, but I use XP sp3 (that was just a vista Skin xD). Does it have a similar sound panel so I can mute an aplication without muting the whole computer turning off the sound? See, I like to listen to music while I'm playing, and sometimes sound slowdowns can get r-e-a-l-l-y annoying.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
edit

damnit, i should've downloaded all the plugins in the download section....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eyheuhauha thanks for the tip, found a plugin with the option to lower the volume (but not to mute). That sould do for a while. Thanks again.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
...you can't download it anywhere other then here (normally) and atm you can't get it from here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts