Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Cause I can't resolve my problems with this pad on my own, and any posts searched by google and searched by this forum didn't helped me much I am creating a new thread.
Rumblepad2 was tested on epsxe in three way: default XP drivers (capable to works with d-pad, all buttons and two-sticks but with no rumble motors),
old logitech drivers from logitech cd (all functions of pad),
and latest logitech drivers from web (all functions of pad).
Under WinXP pad is working correctly.
Epsxe is able to detect my pad with no problem. I can easily assign any buttons (except "mode" and "rumble" buttons but it seams that these buttons has special meaning) , d-pad directions and two analog sticks in pad configuration menu.
The pad is working correctly in digital mode. I've tried with dualshock and dualanalog settings. But I can't force it to work in analog mode.
When in game I used F5 key a small frame appears and shows that epsxe entered analog mode (red "on" button on screen in dualshock mode and red or green "on" button in dualanalog mode). But when epsxe is in analog mode my pad is not responding to game. D-pad, analog sticks and every buttons doesn't shows any reaction in the game. After disabling analog mode pad returns to respond.
I have waited a few minutes thinks that epsxe needs some time to activate pad in analog mode but no success. Any help?

Now, I remembered something. Most of You are using epsxe from earlier versions, just overcopy new files on old version. I am totally fresh user of version 1.7.0. And in changelog of 1.7.0 is message that "pad module" was modified/rewrote/changed. Maybe new version has a bug, and doesn't write some information about pad in self configuration, which is needed, and which earlier versions did. I will test this after return home. I have got a similar problem with XVID codec (it didn't work after clean install, but it works well after overinstalled on earlier version).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
always configure the input settings with the controller itself in analogue mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
always configure the input settings with the controller itself in analogue mode.
Rumblepad2 hasn't any possibility to disable or enable analog mode. It itself works both in digital and analog in the same time. The mode button only changes in place D-pad with left analog stick.
And compare to screenshots from other members with pad configuration window, at the configuration level the pad seems ok to Epsxe.
EDIT: this is my second pad so I know how the mode digital/analog change look. This pad doesn't that behavior.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sorry, i was thinking the dual action >.>

What game is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, i was thinking the dual action >.>

What game is it?
Yes, I've heard (but after I bought that one) that DualAction is crappy. And cause mine and DualAction looks very similar I think that mine can have similar problems but warranty still exists in a drawer :).
The game is Fade 2 Black and I've checked with the same result FF7. But I don't suppose that digital or analog either mode could make my pad totally blind and deft for these games - at least buttons are the same in digital and analog mode.
Probably this thread would never be created (sorry, i don't know how to say this in english - probably I made an mistake) but I found the walkthrough for PSX where author choose in F2B two analog sticks for better controlling Conrad movements and has access to additional movements, which can't be set on digital pad.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Yes, such games will not work when analogue mode is enabled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yes, such games will not work when analogue mode is enabled.
Yes, You're right, and I just simple made a mistake. I wrongly understand the author of F2B game's walkthrough and he just was using a simple digital pad. The key for additional movements was special combos and proper setting for controller in game.
So probably my pad rather works perfect with epsxe. Sorry for wasting Your time.

I have found one other thing. When pete's soft gpu is enabled, the pad from time to time stops responding and controlls
hangs on last remembered pushed button - i.e. player starts to make continously side-strafe. The solution is to change digital/analogue mode and back for a moment or change gpu from soft to hardware and back for a moment. I was using soft renderer due to my hardware - X3100 by Intel - where OpenGL is slow but accurate, and D3D is fast but missing some objects (no displaying some texts, minor textures and sth like that). Soft renderer is relative fast and accurate but it has this annoying behaviour regards my pad.
I think that issue lays in epsxe and soft renderer cooperation cause Zinc with soft renderer (pete's too) works perfect (relatively cause it is soft :) ). And this is only one coincidence that occurs among my other pc games.

Cause my doubts has been cleared I think that thread could be close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.