Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, ive read a lot of the threads here and it seemed most people use 1.5.2? i was using 1.6.0 and i dont really get the difference although i kno 1.6.0 has some issues with games but all im getting outta both of them are...nothing. i cant start a single game...not even sound or nething. i start my espxe up and run the bio, and it comes up with the usuall thing thats supposed to come up, but when i run ne of my games, its a black screen (left it on like that for whole night and see what would happen in da morning -.-) =/ some help plz >_<

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Can you name few of the games you are trying to run? And can you please post your systems specs and the plugins that you are using? This will make it easier for us to spot what might be the problem.

Edit: Btw, you're not trying to run downloaded games, are you? :rolleyes:

Sorry kid, but judging from all your other posts this question is kinda in vain...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
epsxe 1.5.2
cdrpeops
-P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4
Interface - W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands
Drive - [2:0:0] Drive F:
Read mode - BE_2 (ATAPI SPEC 2)
Caching mode - async read - faster, additional asynchronous read
Use additional 4MByte data cache - yes/check
Error handling - try again on reading error - yes/check
Subchannel reading - dont read subchannels
spueternal
-Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
-Enable sound - yes/check
-Enable XA sound - yes/check
configuring - everything at default except special game fix - SQUARE games - yes/check
gpupeted3d
-Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76
Resolutions and color - window size 400x300
Color depth - 32 bit
-Textures
Texture Quality - dont care
Texture filtering - unfiltered w/o sprites - unfiltered 2d
Gfx card vram - 128
-Framerate
Show FPS display on start up - yes/check
Use FPS limit - yes/check
Auto-detect FPS/frame skipping limit - yes/check
-Compatibility
Off screen drawing - standard
Framebuffer textures - emulated vram
Framebuffer access - full software drawing (FVP)
Alpha Multipass - yes/check
-Misc
Disable screen saver - yes/check
special game fix - yes/check
and everything i didnt mention is either not checked or i might have possibly forgotten >_<

oh~! forgot to say...im trying to play mostly SQUARE games at the moment X)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
good god, your posts are just huge blocks of text that are so hard to read.

second of all, pete's video plugins have a post to clipboard feature. use it!

third of all, we know you downloaded FF9, and you're not gonna get any support for it.

in general, it's best to use 1.5.2 unless you need a specific fix that was added in 1.6.0 (like 2nd player analog controls, or for GT2, CTR, etc)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o_O er that hit me hard...im not gonna get ne support for it becuz u kno i DL it...yes u kno but just FYI i also have the playstation versions of 7,8, and 9. At that time ididnt kno u could use ur PS game cd as the actual game for the epsxe =/ or am i still wrong, that u cant? >_< i was kinda asking for how to make my "cd" work, not the .ISO >_< so i still wouldnt get support for the DL one, right? err >_< idk but if there seems like theres a way i could get support this way for the DL one, dont tell me either way then T_T *sigh* oh wellz if there IS a way to tell me how to make my CD work w/o giving me "some" kind of support for the DL one?

er i guess the above is kinda confusing =/, but i couldnt really state another way >_<

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Now I could be a nice and sweet person believing the sobby story about having the originals as well, or I can be an arse and simply not believe you, after all, it's easy to pull stories our of yer bottom, especially on the internet. Let me say you have the odds against you and I shall refrain from posting. I'll let the mods/admins decide, and maybe some other member is good enough to help you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually, I think he wants you to tell how to play from his cds.
There's no reason for you not to tell him that (as well as how to rip an ISO from the cd incase it runs slow from the cd).

Anyway : you can play the game off the CD by inserting the cd into your PC and then clicking (in EPSXE) run -> cdrom.
Or you can make an ISO from your original CD (the game might lag less like that) by using a program like "alcohol 120%" or "isobuster" (and choosing "extract raw" or something similar)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hushypushy said:
seriously? have you ever passed an english class in your life? wow.
first off, im sorry that u think im trying to make a story so forget about it (which probably means i wont get ANY support for ANYTHING since u know i have A downloaded game). Also, it doesn't mean that i have no "real" games becuz i have one downloaded. Lastly, im sorry for my grammer and stuff. Ill say this short as possible: born in korea (my name as u can tell james "han"=korean) lived in korea while i was a baby so got bad literature/composition skills or whatevers in that subject. moved to GA. went to huntington learning center or something a lot cus my english. there -.-. i hope nothing was offensive in there o_O.

so, does this mean i get no support whatsoever? je song hab ni da:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
!!!lo siento!!! I did read ur advice and was going to try it out, but as i kept reading my mind was on the "should i believe this story or not, and did u ever pass an english class in ur life". :mad: anyway, yes i did use ur advice and got my FF7, and chrono cross to work. I couldnt get FF8, FF9, FFT, and Dragon Warrior 7 to wrok =/

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
so you speak spanish too? i can swing it for english, japanese, and spanish if you want....korean is new to me. anyway, just because you just moved here doesnt mean you cant....try a little? my roommate's gf just moved here from japan (like this year) and im sure she could compose a better post than you. just try, eh?

anyway, i give up on this thread, Brilliant, it's all on you, deal with it, i hereby grant you complete lord and master of this thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.