Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That thread title should make almost everyone read this....so here goes:
Time to time, this sort of thread appears here in the foruns, my guess is...it's time to start a new one (not only to "pressure" the emu coders to develop a new version but also to give some useful ideas).
I have a few, here:
-->Pad plugins (more to choose from)
-->4 player support (i don't think it supports this now, righ???:confused: )
-->Abnormal program termination (like word when something goes wrong, when you open it again, it will recover the documents (not alwways though :mad: ), this could be very usefull, because we all now what sort of probs emulation and on general software has)
-->INI support (like bleem when you open a game, it would tell you if it is playable ornot and a briefdescripition of what sort of probs you could find and a link to where to find more help (that way one could develop a lot of good inis files (like n64 emulation) and we could stop those repetitives questions here in the boards (i won't even give examples!!!!!)
-->Eviromental sound surround support (now i'm really dreaming....i guess that this is only possible if the game itself suported...i guess:confused: ( what i mean with this if an enemy or car is behind you you would hear the sound comming from the rear speakers (i do think that this is not implemented...correct me if i'm wrong)
-->Bios startup ( in other words, make the PS logo appear when emu beguins...you could say this is lame....i give you my reasons: you could see if the reason for not working is the cd fault or the emu itself is has a bad setup, you could see if the gpu plugin is working fine...( all this without having to do run-->bios and then run-->cd......wich reminds me that the run bios option only works in my case if i have psx cd inserted....go figure....), BTW an option to disable this bios setup could also be implemented to assure the satisfaction off all, eh????

OK, this has been a hell of a long long post....it's a personal record for me!!! i still have some other ideas but, i will say them when i hear your opiniouns abou these ......otherwise this could turn to be even more LAME that already is...forgive if i offended anyone, but this are only ideas, i'm not making demands!!!!!i shoud have the wright to it, right?????
Thanks!!!

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by Jau
bah damn you got me all excited. I thought 1.5 was released! DAMN
LOL:lol: :lol: , you better read carefully next time :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
It would be cool if the emu has an option to list the save states with the name of the game. And also to be able to delete some of them.

In fact, my "sstates" directory is pretty messy and it's 100 Mo huge :eek:

K

·
0 Posts
ePSXe used to show the bios when loading a game but was taken out to speed up game loading times. Maybe an option to turn it off or on would be cool. Also the ini idea would be nice, but would take a lot of work to compile a list of games with accurate info. Being a beta tester I get to find out the cool stuff before the public but it also gives me a chance to give them ideas of features. I will see what can be done to include some variation of these ideas. Also the internal pad plugin works great but, I can see why people might want to use another plugin.

It would be cool if the emu has an option to list the save states with the name of the game. And also to be able to delete some of them.
An external program for this would be great, since more emulators are using save states. Anyone want to make one ... Aldo? ;)

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
ya got me there, and i also thought epsxe 1.5 was out :)

anyways epsxe is ok, it just need a few more compatibility fixes and thats it. :D

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by GEO
-->Eviromental sound surround support (now i'm really dreaming....i guess that this is only possible if the game itself suported...i guess:confused: ( what i mean with this if an enemy or car is behind you you would hear the sound comming from the rear speakers (i do think that this is not implemented...correct me if i'm wrong)
It is possible to have environmental sound right now! But it will never be actually 3D because the PSX's SPU only handles 2 channels anyway. I guess Iori doesn't want to put something like that in for some reason...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I always feel odd in suggesting as much, but I'm all for fixing bugs in the features that already exist rather than adding new ones. Improving the sound (not directional audio, mind you, but stuttering and speech, for example), improving performance and compatibility. While such things really don't have much in the way of a 'wow' factor, as it were, they're things you really appreciate long after savestate images and such lose their appeal.

Granted, as a mere user I don't have any right to say what the ePSXe authors should do with their project, I'll just be happy if they continue working on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
controller support...good. Controller support as it is lacks. The only thing holding it back would be the ability to save controller settings. It shouldn't be that hard...

·
Registered
251 Posts
i would want pov buttons support
i'm using rockfire psx/usb bridge adapter and when it's in analogue mode , the up/down/left/right buttons became pov up/pov down/pov left/pov right
ePSXe 1.4 didn't recognise these buttons so when i switch my controller to analogue mode , u/d/l/r buttons become unusable

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Epsxe 1.4 does show all the openning screens even the sony logo if you use command lines.. Ie.. "-loadbin".. Then when you start epsxe it will show all the opening screens.. To use command lines without the openning sony screens, use -f along with your command.. ie.. "-f -loadbin d:\mgs.iso"..

I would like better rumble support.. From my experience, games that rumble, only rumble for a short time.. After which the rumble seems to have turned off by itself.. Mostly in Rpgs which use rumble effects.. GT2 and fighting games seems to be ok with rumble as they never just quit rumbling.. FF8-9 and Vagrant story will rumble at the start of playing but the rumble will get turned off somehow.. Maybe its my gamepad but thats why better rumble support would be cool.. Some psx games, even though they rumble on the real psx, don't in epsxe..ie.. MGS..

Better timing in psx games would also be great.. Many games still have timing problems using epsxe..

Better spu irq.. For games which use spu irq a lot.. ie.. MGS..

Higher compatibility.. Although its damn good at the moment too.. Higher compatibility is always good..

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Frankly, ePSXe has about all the features I want. More features mean more incompatibility, problems, bugs, and n00bs spamming the forums :p Seriously, though, I'd much rather see bugs stomped (opcodes, anyone?) and higher-quality internal plug-ins than new, pretty much superficial features.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
the only thing I want if for them to NOT use the memory cards in memory, and always have it read and write to disk when saving and such, that way when loading youir save states and saving save staes you do not mes up your memroy cards nin memory, that way they can be used as independant save systems. thats just what I want, support for VP would be nice too :)

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Shouldn't we be happy with what we have? "Pressuring" the emu authors would be an agressive way of speaking, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu
Shouldn't we be happy with what we have? "Pressuring" the emu authors would be an agressive way of speaking, wouldn't it?
Sorry didn't realize it looked like I was pressuring them, I am not pressuring anyone, and I thought my suggestion was a simple not to hard thing to do, thats not and obvious thing like increase speed and such.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts