Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got sound cracking up if i load any saved state in the game.if i reset its fine but then when i try to load the saved state its starts cracking up.

emu=epsx
bios=scph1001
sound=peopsound driver
game=abes oddysee
system sound=creative 5.1

anyone please help coz i tried changing drivers which actually had some results - the crackle is reduced if i use epsx native driver.
maybe theres another better driver out there?

·
Registered
332 Posts
save the game via memory card, reset, load from the memory card, and only use save states for emergencies from now on, as they can easily screw you up and are the cause of the crackling sound. Use memory card saves instead.

the sound plugin has little to do with this, but eternal SPU is the best one for most cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanx for the fast reply.
i see the memory cards option and it says theres two cards installed but how do i save game to the card?
trying hard not to sound like a dumb noobie but is it from inside the game?

thanx again. :thumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just save like you do in the game (usually at a savepoint or whatever) as if you were playing it on a real playstation, then load, probably using a continue/load game option, probably at the game's main menu.
If you got further problems, tell us which game you're trying to play.
another warning - remember to quit the emulator normally when you're done playing the game or the game might fail to save.
to quit normally : first press escape to see the epsxe logo and only then exit the emulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.