Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the subject says it all, the program works fine up till the point after loading the bios at which point it states Init mci in the Ms dos and then get an error saying it can't be opened then everything is fine up till the point it says EPSX not found, then EPSX: running without cd-rom then I go to the screen in EPSX.

My computer is a P2 400 with ATI all in one wonder at 8 megs, pioneer cd-rom and 512 megs of ram. Damn this sounds like a poor machine (its my old one but the only one hooked up to high speed, I was just going to throw the program on disc once I got to work and throw it on my new computer). I have version 1.4, Pete's D3D Driver 1.52, Null2's Audio Driver 1.3, Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.6. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this. Also I am using the original Playstation disc.

My new computer is a AMD Atholon 1.3 gig, Geforce 2 Nvidia, 256 megs of DDR ram and soundblaster. So maybe it will work better on my other computer.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Did you already configure the CD-ROM plugin? Noticing that you're using Pete's CDROM plugin, there are 3 things you have to do:

1. Choose the letter of the CDROM drive in the default CDROM configuration window.
2. In Pete's CDROM config window, make sure the chosen CDROM is the same as the one you chose earlier.
3. Make sure you've selected the "read mode" supported by your CDROM drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help but ya I did all that during setup. All I can say is I fixed the problem and I have no idea what it was, I downloaded the emulator again and this time with the bundle of other stuff including the Epsxexector and setup everything and I no longer have the same problem. I'm now just messing around with the drivers to find the ones that works best for my computer.

Thanks though:)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Maybe you don't have an ASPI layer installed in your computer. Copy ForceASPI , install it and try again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I grabed all the newest versions of the drivers when I got it to work last night. It works great except the sound/music during the intro movie after hitting new game goes all weird. I think it might be my computers to slow so I'm burning the program off and taking it to my new computer to see if it works better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts