Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P4 2.8 HT, geforce 5700, 2 gig ram.

I should be able to run games smoothly, shouldn't I?

I've done lots of tweaking, have the latest drivers for everything, I've tried the HT processor fix from that other thread-

still, my PSX games (Chrono Cross, Grandia) run sluggishly.

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
654 Posts
What plugins are you using? Do you see a speedup if you use Peops Soft GPU?

Are the games sluggish all the time, or do they speed up and slow down at various points?

Is it only emulator-based games, or do other PC games (especially newer more demanding ones) run sluggishly?

What does the Performance tab of Task Manager look like?

Is your machine virus, ad- and spy-ware free? Certain P2P apps can also slow your system; Kazaa is a known offender in this area. Also, lots of software out there installs itself with system services and programs that run continuously in the background. RealNetworks stuff (RealPlayer, RealOne, etc) is notorious for this.

Dan

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,844 Posts
Another thing to note is if you are using AA or AF at high resolutions (let's say higher than 1280x960), it might cause some slowdowns so I'd check for that. I would first turn off AF cause it makes no difference with PSX emulation, then I'd turn down AA slowly until the slowdowns are gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.