Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there ever be eps2e, extream playstation2 emulator? I know it will take years or so, but do you thing the programers will ever it. I think they have the skills. If so that would be cool. The only problem I'd have with it is I'd need so many buttons on the keyboard.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it ever does, it will take a long, long, time. Plus a lot of dodging to avoid the long arm of Sony. I wouldn't be looking for a PS2 emulator any time soon.:(
sincerely,
sxamiga

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well didn't they think that psx emulation was impossible before PsEmuPro came out? And wasn't the same case with n64 before UltraHLE? and when was psx released, 1995? and now it's 2001, maybe in six years we'll see ps2 emulator. In that time computers develop a LOT. And after all, humans (well, coders) developed the ps2 - why would it be impossible for others to do the same thing, reversed though. I know it's a hell of a work, but maybe an open source emu could do it. Hopefully i'm right...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
well , it could be damm near possible , becuase of the fact that the PS2 , has an emultor it self for PSX games , humm , i must check out this idea

·
Registered
551 Posts
haha....well, let's see on these facts: :)

1. psx >> first come out : 1995 and now, we're on 2001 and still very few of psx emulators are doing perfect (like ePSXe or CVGS). Indeed, some games are still unplayable with those "ALMOST" perfect epsxe and vgs... they need some cheats and patches... So, are you a very patient one before you can see a PS2 Emulators?????

2. System requirements >>> Well, this is sure a very very big deep problems for all those who expect a nice PS2 Emu's... since you can see how awsome the graphics are...

Well, as a matter of fact...few months ago, I downloaded a doubtful PS-2 Emulator... since I didn't have a DVD, so I threw it away...but when I try to run it, it would ask a BIOS file, SCPH10000... dunno if that worked haha.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
well , it could be damm near possible , becuase of the fact that the PS2 , has an emultor it self for PSX games , humm , i must check out this idea
uh, wrong.. :p
it has hardware..theres a chip on the mobo (psx cpu i believe) that allows it to play psx games

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by beckham_m7u
Well, as a matter of fact...few months ago, I downloaded a doubtful PS-2 Emulator... since I didn't have a DVD, so I threw it away...but when I try to run it, it would ask a BIOS file, SCPH10000... dunno if that worked haha.... :D :D :D
oh the son ps2 boxes where i work(three ps2's in a box), there are letters on it and they are something like scph-31000 or something like that so maybe the boxes are labeled with the bios version so that the manufacturer can easily identify which country to ship them to

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
ok maybe it Takes more time , but i have a simple quetion How long Does ePSXe exist , by that i mean the first ever version 000.1 Beta , and how long took it to them to make an almost perfect emulator ?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Also, I've seen SCPH 10000 once, I think it's the Japanese version of the PS2 bios. I won't mention where I saw it or I'll get banned.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
that bios was from the first version of the japanese ps2. as far as i know, i was first posted on JNS's site. that site is down now but it was a really cool resource..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ePSXe, was first released in October of 2000. It was around the 14th. The second release was in December 2000. I think it was a couple of weeks before Christmas. The third release was on ePSXe's first anniversary and was released in March of 2001.
The first anniversary refers to when they first started working on the emulator, not when it was first released. Rumors of ePSXe began around July of 2000, but no definate release date was ever given. So we all had to drool and wait until they were ready to release it.;) The next release? When they are ready.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I hope they'll be ready soon.
I can't wait for a fix to MGS and FF7.
Bye.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Too bad.
I knew it but I just can't stop dreaming about new versions of emus being released every week (Ok there's AdriPSX).
Bye.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ePSXe may have been done in a year, but those plug-in's have probably been under contruction since PSX-EMU pro (late 1998 ?).
Considering a PSx has a speed of 33Mhz and you need about a 600 with a good 3D card to run at full speed, and thge PS2 has 300mhz, It'll be a while before there's a good PS2 emulator out there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New release very week, Adripsx:confused: ??? Where did you here that? Roor stated that he was trying for a new release every few weeks, with every 2 weeks being the absoulute minimum between releases. He is working hard on Adripsx, but even he has a life. I think if we see releases of emulators every 2 months, then that is very good. Just sit tight, be patient, and the releases will come when they come.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
21 Posts
well, you guys have to remember that the new age of programming has dramatically changed over those 6 years. Now that we can emulate the PSX to near perfection, i think it wouldn't be hard to do the same for ps2. we may not have to wait 6 years, but maybe two or three for a decent one. i wouldn't be surprised if bleem! (god help them) or psxemupro comes out with the first one. but imo, i would get the real thing. it's much worth it. you get better sound, video, and you don't have to wait years later for an emulator. also, you'd have to buy a dvd-rom in order to play the games anyway, cause in time, all the ps2 games will be in dvd format.

one last note, about that psx emulator in the ps2; i wonder if sony will let vgs in on that...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts