396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently I have these epic OST's

Gladiator
Troy
Lord of the rings all 3
The matrix all 3
Pirates of the caribean all 3

Can someone think of similiar soundtracks? I don't care where they are from just aslong as they are alike.

Thanks.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I've posted this before but i've loved Henry the V's "Non Nobis Domine" since i was 10 yrs old

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
cowboy bebop :)

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
The Village. The movie was good even though it was marketed wrongly. I would recommend the soundtrack to anyone. It's very beautiful. Since you like the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, have you heard of the Lord of the Ring soundtrack they released a little while ago that included all of the tracks from the movies? You may want to check those out.

If you liked musicals, then I would recommend the Phantom of the Opera (the movie, I appreciate Gerard Butler's voice more than the original broadway phantom) soundtrack that's a two disc set. It contains all of the tracks from the movie: the songs as well as instrumental.

Also, Moulin Rouge is an amazing soundtrack as well that I would recommend if you are into musicals. It's freaking amazing. :)

I collect a lot of movie soundtracks. I'll have to look thru all of my CDs and list all the other ones I missed. :)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
ah the musicals: Rent, Thoroughly modern millie, phantom of the opera, le mis
:D

·
5,162 Posts
Yeah, they have made amazing musicals for the big screen. :) For other musicals, I suggest the RENT soundtrack, Hairspray soundtrack is also good and so is Chicago.

I thought up a new soundtrack: The Lion King soundtrack. The instrumentals are simply beautiful and that's what I listen for mainly. The songs that the characters are singing are okay but the instrumentals are just so much better and blows all of those other songs out of the water. :)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I've mentioned these guys here many times before. Not soundtracks per se, but the same type of music.

E.S. Posthumus

Also, Corner Stone Cues

And then as far as movie scores go, I like a LOT of theme. Here's some:

James Newton Howard's Dinosaur

Hans Zimmer - Crimson Tide

Harry Gregson Williams - Narnia

James Newton Howard - Blood Diamond

Track Team - Avatar (I'm saved from hypocrisy by a technicality on this, it's technically not anime. ;) )

Michael Nyman - Gattaca

David Newman - Serenity

Bear McCreary - Battlestar Galactica

Yeah, I'm a big fan of scores. I'll post more later if this thread is still going.

·
5,162 Posts
E.S. Posthumus is really amazing. :) Even though they don't do soundtracks like Spyhop said, they do try to compose the feeling that you are listening to an epic movie soundtrack.

I guess I'll be the weird one for mentioning this, but even if you are not a fan of anime, you should seriously look into the Vision of Escaflowne soundtrack. I have about five CDs from that anime. If you like that music, then the artist's name is Yoko Kanno (the same person who did the cowboy bebop soundtrack that was listed earlier in this thread :) She has made many soundtracks and is very popular with anime series. Her songs are not limited to just Japanese vocals, but mainly instrumentals. Her songs have been ranged in English, French, Latin, Spanish, etc.)

Again, if you don't like anime, you should still listen to this soundtrack: .hack//sign. It is beautiful and brilliant at the same time. The person that composed that soundtrack is Yuki Kaijura. She does really brilliant work. She is almost as popular as Yoko Kanno and has many of her songs in many anime scores. (don't worry, the songs in the series are mainly instrumental and most of the languages are in english. There are even some songs that aren't in japanese but that are french as well. So you have a lot of diversity with that.)

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
another vote for kill bill, forgot about those!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Honestly the only Soundtrack mentioned hear that is similiar or comes close is :

Nara by E.S. Posthumus

very nice!

The rest all kind of suck in comparison to the soundtracks I posted, I only want EPIC soundtracks not mediocre stuff =p Though it's all interpertation of course...

Yea lion king i have that one too, epic soundtrack ;)

Cowboy bepop is sucked ass it's not epic, i Guess it will do as forgettable background music it's not EPIC.
The Village is pretty decent, but not really epic
Bubba Ho-Tep i only found one ost on youtube and it's too short and only has 1 good moment
Moulin Rouge is totally not similiar to the soundtracks i requested, not what i searched for
Kill Bill 1 and 2 ive listened a couple, again... not the style I seek.
Pulp Fiction is nice but not similiar to the soundtracks i posted.
Top Gun boring..
RENT soundtrack sucks and not similiar
Hairspray soundtrack couldnt find it
Chicago soundtrack sucks.

I'll check the musicals later

Also would be nice to post the best soundtrack of the series, when you recommend something it's hard to judge it by just listening a few sometimes.

·
5,162 Posts
Um you said epic soundtracks....sorry, we were giving opinions on what soundtracks are epic to us. I added other soundtracks to my opinion since I like listening to other things that have a bit of a different tune. I thought I'd give those opinions to you just in case.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Honestly the only Soundtrack mentioned hear that is similiar or comes close is :

Nara by E.S. Posthumus

very nice!

The rest all kind of suck in comparison to the soundtracks I posted, I only want EPIC soundtracks not mediocre stuff =p Though it's all interpertation of course...

Yea lion king i have that one too, epic soundtrack ;)

Cowboy bepop is sucked ass it's not epic, i Guess it will do as forgettable background music it's not EPIC.
The Village is pretty decent, but not really epic
Bubba Ho-Tep i only found one ost on youtube and it's too short and only has 1 good moment
Moulin Rouge is totally not similiar to the soundtracks i requested, not what i searched for
Kill Bill 1 and 2 ive listened a couple, again... not the style I seek.
Pulp Fiction is nice but not similiar to the soundtracks i posted.
Top Gun boring..
RENT soundtrack sucks and not similiar
Hairspray soundtrack couldnt find it
Chicago soundtrack sucks.

I'll check the musicals later

Also would be nice to post the best soundtrack of the series, when you recommend something it's hard to judge it by just listening a few sometimes.
you sir, have the worst taste of music ever.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
makotech222

Im not looking for mediocre music, it's not all bad, but I want outstanding music. Look at my start post 90% of the things mentioned here isn't even of a similiar style to the ones I requested -.-
maybe you guys don't know those soundtracks but..

But keep trying please, :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.