Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From browsing throught the forums Ive noticed over the past few months a bit of an engrish problem. I won't give specific examples unless asked because I wanna be as nice about this as possible. :agree: Id like to suggest that there be a method of testing of some sort to make sure that new members have an acceptable level of English skill. I don't wanna get too detailed on the actual test. First I wanna see who's tired of the rampant engrish and wants to have something done about it.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Tests? That wouldn't make the forum too fun now would it? Just because some people aren't that fluent in English, doesn't mean that they can't participate in the forum. At least they're trying ... sometimes.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
And even if they don't, it's not a reason to turn this into a separatist community. Under his premise we might as well have tests about video games, religion, science, hardware, etc so that we ensure we keep our ranks "pure"... yeah, tests...

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea I think that would be a bad idea. If we had that test with me when I first joined, I didn't know a whole lot about anything other than I loved playing games.

I probably would have failed.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
As other people have stated, I don't think this is the best choice. Our purpose here is to help people with their emulation - related problems, and to pass the time in general. It was never Bobbi's intention to create a l33t English speaking community anyway :)

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
This is just an emulation forum, just enjoy it and have fun, k? No need to make a list of 1000 rules to follow.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks like everyone's against me. Next time you see a post with an insane amount of engrish you might feel differently...

btw I know my idea is a bit controversial but if you don't agree please try to be respectful about it. Many of you who have posted have been but I just had an arguement with a kid on IRC who was being ridiculous. So lets all try to remain respectful :innocent:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Bill_gates said:
Many of you who have posted have been but I just had an arguement with a kid on IRC who was being ridiculous. So lets all try to remain respectful :innocent:
I'll spare you the shame of posting the log of our chat... unfortunately, you are the one acting like a kid, is your answer to any argument calling your opponent a child ? If that's so I'm quite... unimpressed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.