Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Err..I'm such a nooB!!! :(
Well, how do I enable FSAA w/ my Gforce 2 mx? where's the settings? Is it in the advance display setting? where? where? I have 21.83 detonator driver.

Is FSAA will slow down my Celeron 1Ghz PC?

· Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Originally posted by Pestilence3
Well, how do I enable FSAA w/ my Gforce 2 mx? where's the settings? Is it in the advance display setting? where? where? I have 21.83 detonator driver.

It should be in the advanced display settings.. It will slow down depending on the type of FSAA you set it to.. More FSAA = better picture quality but has more of a performance hit..

· king Kong Never Dies!
2,194 Posts
Originally posted by Pestilence3

depends on what games u play,for example, if u r playing some new games like RTCW, and u have resolution set to atleast 800x600, u really should not enable fsaa since ur system spec is not fast enough to handle it. ( u can still do that if u lower down other soptions, but i think there is no point to do that since the purpose to enable the fsaa is to have better graphics,if u lower down other options for enabling fsaa, it is like inscrease and decrease graphcis visualization at the same time..well it depends on ur taste after all.. )

And for emulator like epsxe, i think ur com still can run at full speed even if u enable fsaa ( depends on what fsaa u set it to and what options u set in theepsxe tho ..)

And for the perfromance hit, my 3dmark2001 score is about 5400 without fsaa and the score with 4xfsaa is about 4000++.

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Control Panels > Display > Settings > Advanced... > GeForce2 MX/MX 400 > Additional Properties > 3D Antialiasing Settings. It makes the picture look a LOT better, but 4X may hit your performance pretty hard with a Celly 1G. 2X should be OK, though.

· 8+ Years
2,800 Posts
Since I had a geforce 2 mx 400. The anti-alising sucks on Geforce. 2x is same as off. 4x you can see a little differance. :) The geforce 4x anti alising seems to be same as the 3dfx voodoo 4's 2x anti alising.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.