Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
A little defensive? Are you kidding me? I'm sorry, but this guy more or less asked for this. Most of the responses opposing his idea were mature and valid. He wrote his LJ post yesterday around 1:15, which means it was directly after this post in this thread. The only member that could have been considered offensive at that point was Seta-San. So, he went off on that tangent simply because a few people on a new forum he'd just joined told him his idea wouldn't work. Because we refuse to believe the impossible, he's justified in insulting everybody that posted in this thread?

I became curious what'd happened after Vanit made his post about EncodedFATE's presence. So, I searched his nick on Google and one of the first results was his LJ. I'll admit, up to this point, I considered him to be a rather intelligent and well-mannered individual. Though, after reading his latest entry, I was baffled, to say the least. If I hadn't read that, I probably wouldn't have dug any further, but I countinued reading some of the entries in his blog. Within there, I found some interesting links, which lead to even more. All information that I posted was ascertained from public sources mostly consisting of his own writings. It's not like I spent a huge deal of time on this either (maybe a half hour). Nobody's privacy was invaded (he made the info available after all).

Anybody that knows me well enough is aware that there's nothing I hate more than hypocrites and/or fakes. This guy was both. He called us children, then turned around and proceeded to dress up as cartoon characters. He called us retards while he went against all logic and attempted a project in which he didn't even have the proper prerequisites.

His interests were insulted as a demonstration of a counter-argument. His appearance -- the same. You have to realize, he brought the age factor into this. I never publicly insulted his wife, because I date based on substance rather than looks. Maybe she's cool. Who knows? My issue lies with EncodedFATE. This conversation started out intellectual and he turned it into a personal flamefest due to his inability to participate in a technical and intellectual argument. Yet we're the immature ones.

I can understand your compassion for wanting to protect him. You're the "let's all be friends and get along" type. I'm not, but I know other people that are like that.

If this new information that moo's presented means what I think it does, then I have even less respect for this guy than before. Cheating on your wife is one thing, but they just had a kid. He really needs to ****ing grow up.

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
A little defensive? Are you kidding me? I'm sorry, but this guy more or less asked for this. Most of the responses opposing his idea were mature and valid. He wrote his LJ post yesterday around 1:15, which means it was directly after this post in this thread. The only member that could have been considered offensive at that point was Seta-San.
May just be my ego talking, but I suspect his rant was directed at Trotterwatch and I.

http://www.emutalk.net/other-emulation-discussion/32619-emuos.html

He did register at ET on the 8th, in preparation of another "announcement" I'm sure. Must of been following the existing thread, got pissed when we called him a charlatan.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
From EmuTalk.net

- Newly registered member? check
- Makes grand announcement with nothing to show for it? check
- Promising big, unrealistic results (double-speed PS2 emulation just by removing OS overhead)? check
- Recruiting "staff" for his "team" of "programmers"? check

All signs of a fake. What's striking is the ratio of optimists to skeptics at NGEmu. Had this "news" been posted here, the guy would've been torn to pieces almost immediately.
Man, that guy is very lucky he never posted there.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Ah, it's that time of the year...drama time. We should recruit new people here to keep us entertained with their imagination or the forums would die from sheer boredom :D

Nah seriously , I am not gonna bother explaining why this idea is not feasible, nor do I care how he looks like or what he's done. In the past, when people tried to credit gstaris for themselves after adding 2-3 lines on the source , I objected and was accused of being jealous :rolleyes: This time I ll say, sure go ahead, get it done - PROVE that it CAN be done, otherwise people will be skeptical and take what you've said with a grain of salt. And while Flare went a bit too far in his bashing, he still has a point. The lack of programming experience and background makes people pessimistic about your "project". You must understand where we are coming from though. This isn't the first time, nor is it the 10th time we see such proposal...This is like the 12354th time I see someone suggesting an "emu-oriented" OS to speed up the emulator. Naturally, people's reaction is to be skeptical and start wondering about your programming experience.

Yours,
-E

·
*shrug*
93 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
*See post above*
Okay. Here we go. =D

When I'm engaged in a discussion/argument with someone, I tend to stick to what's relevant to the issue. In the context of public posts (i.e. this/these forums) he was a "little" defensive. EncodedFATE's Livejournal, while publicly available to anyone with the drive to find it, is still considered a private journal to me, and his comments within that journal have no relevence to the issue. People say all sorts of things to their friends in private - I've no doubt he didn't anticipate anyone from here or EmuTalk would find it. In reading over the LJ post it looks to me like venting. He should have marked it for friends only. If he'd posted the same thing in this forum, I'd be right with you ... to a point. Someone else's actions don't justify the same action, but it'd definitely be a different situation.

As for the hypocrite thing, it's all based off of things you've read from his journal. Again, people say many things in what appears to be privacy. And fake... well, yeah, it doesn't look like it's possible, but he seems to believe in it. Give him a chance. If he fails, then "we" were right, and it doesn't work out. That doesn't make him a fake - just somebody flying in the face of reason.

I'm not going to go all textbook here, but personal attacks in a formal, intellectual argument are fallacious and don't belong in reasonable civilized discussion.

You're right, for the most part. I'm a moderate. But that doesn't mean everyone should get along. I know a few people who don't deserve the time it takes to be "friends" with. I just think that pulling his life into the fray when this should be all about his project is ... well, childish. It's like responding to someone's position with "yeah, well you're ugly!". An extreme, I know, but no less relevant.

As for the cheating thing ... I mean, wow. This started out as a discussion about EmuOS, and it's gotten to this point. This is an emulation forum. lol

I dunno. As Ellly mentioned, it has definitely turned dramatic, hasn't it? =P

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yea, this thread has completely lost it's potential for constructive discussion. I gotta say though, it did keep me pretty entertained the past few days :D. The only reason I stayed out of the discussion is... well, if you don't have anything nice to say to someone... And I agree with Criftus that people went to far by digging into this guy's personal life to insult him.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
Right, I guess it's closure time ;)

edit : and Hushy, if you're reading this, don't bother replying to a closed thread . k thx :p

Yours,
-E

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.