Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Experenced But New User
866 Posts
EncodedFATE said:
After the OS is completed and most of the bugs are worked out it should be able to emulate games with only a 10% margin of error at most for a PlayStation2 game on a 1.2GHz processor PC.
PS2 games on 1.2GHz processor? That seems a little far feached. Is this EmuOS have any webpage or sourceforge site or anything?

866 Posts
The idea of this has great potential. You would essentially be creating a Video Game Concel that just does emulaton. It would make it very easy to set up a box in the living room that you would never have to mess with, it just works like other real system.

I imagen that this will be a very long process and that you might not have a working releace for quite some time. Will you be encoperating other existing emulators or will authors have to recode their existing emulators to work on your OS?

866 Posts
EncodedFATE said:
We're expecting anywhere in the range of double the PCSX2's current speed on our test PC with the first beta (which of course will increase as we work out bugs)
o_O!!!

866 Posts
Criftus said:
Not to say that this isn't a worthy cause. =D I love the idea of an emulation-only OS. Removing all of the useless clutter an OS normally loads while in operation would be excellent.
Exactly, I would not care if there was any speed impovements. Those will come in time with advancements in hardware and the emulators themselves. I just like the idea of having a Box that does everything with minnimal hassle. A very slick GUI is nessissary for this OS, so it is basicly a SUPER frount end!

866 Posts
EncodedFATE said:
The OS itself pretty much acts like an advanced frontend, as someone mentioned before...
Yay, that was me! :guitar:

866 Posts
...BURN!!!!!!!!!

LOL, ummm, ya back to the EmuOS. From my experence with the few distros I have used, most of them can read NTFS but almsot none can write to it.

866 Posts
hushypushy said:
there is no way that you can keep the same hardware, the same version of PCSX2, and expect to double the speed just because you have some super streamlined OS.
I dont think he said they would be using the same version of PCSX2...

866 Posts
Well, even if they make this and there is no speed improvements, if they make it an Uber Frount End than I would be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.