Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Allow me to say what I think :)

It sounds like a nice idea, but I'm very sceptic, because from my understanding you are creating your own Linux based Emulator targeted OS. Creating a fast OS for emulators is one thing, but providing good PS2 emulation isn't an easy task, just look at the PCSX2 emulator. Will you be creating a PS2 emulator yourself as well?

Good luck with your project :thumb:

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
refraction said:
The dreamcast certainly doesnt require as much power to emulate as newer consoles like the PS2 etc thats for sure, but i doubt the forementioned EmuOS will actually make much difference
I'm no emu coder and I know the DC isn't as powerful as the PS2, but don't you think it has got more to do with the accessability of the system in a way of that the DC has a much more conventional 'PC like' setup than the PS2?

moomoomoo said:
Which one's the ****ing bride?

We can't close this thread, it's the most entertaining thing that's happened for a while.
I think this makes him the first contestant for this year's awards :p

encodedfate said:
FlameAlchemist and I are doing the project for ourselves, not for a whole bunch of whiny little pre-teen brats who want to play their games for free, or already have the consoles because "mommy and daddy" bought them.
@ Seta-San: And he hasn't even met our real PS2 n00bs :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious by now. He has a dream, but it's probably going to stay a dream forever judging from the things Flare pointed out. Of course, I'm still in for a pleasant surprise from his side. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.