Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
Don't worry... the devs of this emulator just need time to work on it... or someone that be interested to work on it to help them! The interested people could learn C++ and learn how to use Win32, OpenGL and Direct3D... it's also important to learn x86 assembly! And to know how the Xbox emulation works! (as blueshogun and shadow_tj have told me)! I think after that... they could make some changes in the emulator... well... let's wait for a expert voice to correct me... if I'm wrong! xD

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
Are you asking if I'm working on cxbx or if the devs are working on cxbx? if the question is directed to me... I could answer that i'm learning programming languages yet, I'm interested... if the question is to the developer(s)... blueshogun still working on cxbx, he just needs free time to make new changes in the emulator! :thumb:

·
Banned
221 Posts
Blues friend i need a litle hand, i open the old sources 0.78 with visual 6.0 how workspace, all the menus, and bitmaps are ok, i put each directories fine, the project has a dependencies with cxbe..i added all but this fu....problem maybe carzy,,,what i do wrong?

------Configuration: Cxbe - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
Error.obj : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option "manifestdependency:type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT' version='8.0.50608.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b'"; ignored
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCD" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMTD" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Error.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp
Error.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
Error.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler3
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @[email protected]
Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @[email protected]
Bin/Debug/Cxbe.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Cxbe.exe - 11 error(s), 3 warning(s)

i sospech that sdk8.1 is not the better for this compilation, or maybe i need mircosoft platafform but i need your answer. thanks

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
quick and dirty method is to insert cxbe libs into the cxbx libs project.
also the directx libs nisert them in the cxbx source path..

thats the fast and quick and dirty method to make cxbx compile.

other methode is to buy a book or ask on the internet forums how you can insert search paths in the visual studio 6.0 ide :)

The paths can not be found found because they are not set.

i dont know how to set them in vc6.. so i use the quick and dirty method most of the time to debug cxbx :)

·
Banned
221 Posts
ok, but what is the point ? all the sources are added, i go to try this but i don´t see the diferences, really sdk directx8.1 works?? because i don´t found the directx sdk8.0...and i don´t have microsoft platafform instaled ,,,vc6.0 is like vc2005 but very basic and minor...how you compile cxbx ? what do you use shadow?thanks for your answer friend

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
i uses vc6 aand directx 8.1 headers.

i remove the directx headers that are inserted into the vc6 program..
then insert all libraries and files into cxbx source path and then i start compiling..

dont forget to remove the directx files from vc6.. some editions install also directx but those are different then the 8.1 sdk files :)

·
Banned
221 Posts
shadows said:
i remove the directx headers that are inserted into the vc6 program..
then insert all libraries and files into cxbx source path and then i start compiling..

thanks friend i go to try...have you maked your private changes?

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
the changes are made are 4 years ago :)
no i did not marked them :) i was yust play around with them..

last time i recompiled cxbx. was when i started with dxbx.
then it was yust to debug stuff so i would see what happend in cxbx and the same needed to happen in dxbx :)

·
Banned
221 Posts
i got a idea for cxbx but i need the answers of devs, cxbx can play games like turok, and futurama everyone knows this, but the games has id and specifics informations and bots for it runs in cxbx,
for this reason blues:

is posible make mixtures in xbox games?? for example xiso recognizes the xbox games files, like xbe, textures, sound and more, is posible take the files of other game that not works in cxbx (example DEAD OR ALIVE VOLEYBAL)and replace in turok iso extracted with with great care and delicacy for to deceive the cxbx emu wih turok permisions and make posible that runs the contents of other games like turok game? is posible make a mask for this problems ?

if it can be posible maybe there are a lot of bugs and crazy menus and others, but we could play something of beuthyfulls xbox games

·
Registered
174 Posts
You don't need to be a dev to answer this. The way Cxbx/Dxbx work is to recreate each individual function so that each function is available to *all* games. However with the loads of functions they need to emulate this is a big job. The xbox "executabe" (ie the default.xbe file) is far too different from game to game for any copying or editing to work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.