Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I can run the emulator fine - I can play with the menus, configure this stuff. There's nothing wrong here.

However, I can't play games.

Example:

A game will ask me to choose the HZ level of my TV. Great, I choose one; but the screen just goes black from there.

Another example. I load up the Sega Smash Pack, and can completely navigate the game menu with ease. Everything works fine here... but when I go to choose a game, it just goes black. The emulator doesn't die... it just, processes nothing.

Give a guy a hand, here!

And, if it makes a difference:

Core 2 Quad
3GB RAM
NVidia 9600GT 512MB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm positive I have updated drivers in terms of DirectX and anything else video related.

I'll play with the cables today. Funny thing is, I got something to run fine with the Hle GDROM Boot... whatever that may be.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A game will ask me to choose the HZ level of my TV. Great, I choose one; but the screen just goes black from there.
If the game is compatible with nullDC, this may depend from the cable you used. I always use "TV (VBS/Y+S/C)" and never had any such problem.
Another example. I load up the Sega Smash Pack, and can completely navigate the game menu with ease. Everything works fine here... but when I go to choose a game, it just goes black. The emulator doesn't die... it just, processes nothing.
The Sega Smash Pack uses Windows CE, which is not compatible with nullDC, so every game you launch will freeze the emulator with a "not implemented opcode" error. If you want to emulate Genesis games, you'd better use a dedicated emulator like Fusion, and if you're interested in Virtua Cop 2, go for the Model 2 Emulator which emulates the original, superior arcade version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the Smash Pack only because it was small and I could test it to see if NullDC was as good as people claimed.

And, it is. For whatever reason, I haven't had any problems - and I haven't changed a thing. Not sure what happened here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power Stone 2 was giving me the most trouble, along with Crazy Taxi.

Everything is working fine now. I'm playing through Shenmue again, for the first time since 2002, and enjoying it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts