Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recieved a dual core PC before the new year (about 2 months before the new year), and I was hoping that Dolphin would run a bit faster. When I try to run Wind Waker, though, the speeds are less than expected. Is my computer to slow to fully run this game? If so please tell me what I should upgrade or if I would need a different PC. If my PC should run it, then please direct me on how to fix this.

PC Stats:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
RAM:1.93GB

Thanks.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
I get good speeds in Dolphin with my 2.16GHz C2D. I'd say your biggest bottleneck is your GPU. The nVidia Geforce 6200 just isn't going to cut it.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Also Pentium D's are very poor for CPU intensive emulation, Pentium D's are slower than even single core AMD Athlon 64's.

I only got 11 -14 FPS on Windwaker in outdoor areas and 20 - 30 in indoor areas when I had my AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz PC with a Geforce 6150 LE, so I'd imagine your speed is much worse with a Pentium D.

Ever since I built my new PC with a Core2duo E8500 and Geforce 9800GT, games in Dolphin are very fast, in Windwaker I get an easy 35 - 45 FPS in outdoor areas where I was getting only between 11 - 14, sometimes less with my AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an ATI randeon XPRESS 200, what ATI should I get that is somewhat cheap to run twilight princess smoothley? I kinda need a cheap one cuz I am broke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, Thanks. I didn't think the GeForce would be a problem because it's a 256 MB card and the GC is 128 (I think), but thanks a lot for pointing that out. For future reference, what would I need for proper emulation? Also, with the current PC setup I have, is there anything I can do to speed up my emulator?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alright, Thanks. I didn't think the GeForce would be a problem because it's a 256 MB card and the GC is 128 (I think)
PC hardware is not comparable to console hardware. An E2200 2.20GHz is not better than the 480 MHz Gekko present in the cube just because of the bigger clock. A lot of factors are involved. Read and learn, here's a short info article.

For future reference, what would I need for proper emulation? Also, with the current PC setup I have, is there anything I can do to speed up my emulator?
With a weak PC the most you can is overclock your CPU, free up some processes in Windows, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts