Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
both iDeaS and DeSmuME run slow, unplayable. but this No$GBA runs perfect. the only problem is i cant figure out how to work any of the tools for it (Nds2x, NL4). and also my audio is crackly even when i change to mono.

u dont think the reason iDeaS and DeSmuME runs slow is my XP SP3 do u? i also have Windows 7 on here, but i havnt tried either of them on it yet. and Dax, check ur inbox!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
both iDeaS and DeSmuME run slow, unplayable. but this No$GBA runs perfect. the only problem is i cant figure out how to work any of the tools for it (Nds2x, NL4). and also my audio is crackly even when i change to mono.

u dont think the reason iDeaS and DeSmuME runs slow is my XP SP3 do u? i also have Windows 7 on here, but i havnt tried either of them on it yet. and Dax, check ur inbox!

Desmume runs my games at 30-40FPS, only needs a frame skip of 1 to achieve smoothness (cuts fps to 30fps)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well i got some more info here. i loaded up MKDS in No$GBA and it acts really odd. at random points in the race it is perfect and smooth, but then right away it goes back to laggy. and in New Super Mario Bros, the menus are slow and so is the map, but when im playing it seems fine. i still have very crackly sound tho, cant seem to fix it :(

is there a way that anyone knows of to tweak No$GBA to stop lagging in MK? i downloaded myZoom and it has options to change the filters and speed, but nothing helps or hurts the framerate.

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
no$gba has crackly sound there's nothing you can do (only if you use some external software for it). no$gba is emulator with less requirements than DeSmuME or iDeaS. Maybe it is due to your CPU. Try to set high performance of your CPU. If it doesn't help so there's nothing you can do - maybe your CPU is not fast enough. It's my opinion :)

PS: I got DeSmuME working like real DS with frame skip set to "0" :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Emulation mainly relies on CPU power. If you lack CPU power then there's not much that can be done.
Also DS emulators are not very tweakable. They pretty much run no better than they run when you first start them. So I am afraid any problems you have are pretty much problems you are stuck with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
its funny that u say that shash, u didnt catch me doing sh!t. i wasnt using warez, but i couldnt explain that to u cuz u IP banned me before i could explain myself. i own those games, i just dont have the means to dump them, i dont have the flashcard or a mac. and btw, its not warez, idk where u live, but in the US it is legal to own a backup of any media if you own it, and even if you dont own it its legal to keep it on your computer for 24hrs before you have to delete it. you couldve been the bigger person by NOT banning me, especially when you dont have proof. i only downloaded those roms because i couldnt dump my own. but i still own them. its ok tho, i switched to a better emulator anyway. :)

schumi, yea ive figured that one out so far. i will be coming into some cash soon, so if i get enough i will be upgrading to a dual core, or possible a Phenom x3. thanks for the help. its nice to see people actually trying to help rather than ban you on your first post.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
its funny that u say that shash, u didnt catch me doing sh!t. i wasnt using warez, but i couldnt explain that to u cuz u IP banned me before i could explain myself. i own those games, i just dont have the means to dump them, i dont have the flashcard or a mac. and btw, its not warez, idk where u live, but in the US it is legal to own a backup of any media if you own it, and even if you dont own it its legal to keep it on your computer for 24hrs before you have to delete it. you couldve been the bigger person by NOT banning me, especially when you dont have proof. i only downloaded those roms because i couldnt dump my own. but i still own them. its ok tho, i switched to a better emulator anyway. :)
That means you pirated the games off the internet, in which case we don't support piracy. It is still consider piracy even if you own the game(s). As for the 24 hrs crap, that's just bs. I suggest you check out this webpage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
look, i am not on here to discuss ROMS and legalities of ROMS. please people, stop bashing me for this. you would be surprised how many people on this forum and many others actually are pirating these games. i came here to ask for help and discuss an emulator/s, not discuss a ROM/s. it is shash who started this, he couldve stayed out of this thread and the topic never wouldve even hinted at ROMS.

can we drop this? and actually discuss what i came here for? or shall i be banned for being pointed out, but any members here who actually pirated the roms and WERENT pointed out just get to discuss whatever they want freely?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I didn't ban you, akismet did: it's quite usual that it bans people putting lots of links on their posts (or sometimes, randomly, I got banned once, and I'm one of the admins!). I can show you proof, if you don't believe me :)

About the legality issues, I won't discuss it, but do a few searches and you'll see why downloading isn't within the legal copy law. So basically, you're wrong on your assumption that downloading is right, but you're right about the private copy: you must obtain this copy from your owned game, not by other means :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
im beginning to believe the reason i cant emulate DS very well through any emulator has something to do with the architecture of the Pentium 4. i believe this because i tried the same emulators on my other computer (Intel Celeron 2.20GHz 128kb L2, 640mb DDR PC3200, and a Geforce 6200 256mb) and it performed nearly the same as on my main computer (Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz 1MB L2, 3GB DDR PC3200 Double Dual Channel, Geforce 8600GT 512mb). it seems odd dont it?

and shash, is there any way of removing that ban? i would like to be part of the forum again. and i dont think it was random, i think it happened because akismet thought i was trying to hack or something. you see, my ISP (HughesNet) forces EVERYTHING through a transparent proxy and that messes many things up, like i cant even download from FileFront at all.

edit: just for my privacy, could you blurr out my email address in that photo?

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
It could be the hyper-threading feature itself messing with the speed. Tried disabling hyper-threading altogether from the motherboard BIOS?

Another reason for the slowness could be CPU overheating, especially if the slowdown occurs some time after you run the emulator and not immediatly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i could try that.. i dont know if it will work tho.

i thought about it overheating, but i doubt thats it. i play games that run my temp up to 80C and no throttle at all, no performance drop. i may just try disabling HT, but if it does help i likely wont keep it like that just for DS emulation. i play more PC games than i do emulated games. but i guess its worth a try just to see if thats what causes the slow downs.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Well all i can say is that Pentium4 is on par with my 3000+, and most games are at playable speeds.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.