Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have the latest DeSmuME v0.9.1 and i am not having any luck with it as of yet. every game i try to play is very slow, on avg less than 10fps, sometimes 10-20. Mario Kart DS and Super Mario 64 DS are two that run the worst. it takes nearly 5 minutes to even complete one race in MK, and SM64DS is nearly unplayable. i have tried all the frameskip options and no sound aswell, nothing seems to help. i dont think its my computer as it seems it should be powerful enough to play some of these. these are my specs:

Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium 4 HT 3EGHz 800FSB 1MB
3GB DDR PC3200 Crucial + Corsair XMS Double-Dual Channel
XFX Geforce 8600GT 512mb PCI-e x16
SoundMax Digital Audio
80GB 7200RPM HDD

thanks!

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
For me It's damn fast!! I usually put my frame skip at 0, but now I have to leave it in Auto in order to get 60fps and no more than that xDD. Probably your CPU is too weak...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i tried the SSE2 exe, it does run better. and thnx for uppin the video! seems full speed and fully playable for u. what is the % in the title bar? is that the resourses that are being used? because urs was around 65% while mine are around 71-76%. i put it on frameskip 0 and it ran better, but its still not 100%, id say about 70% at best. ive tried turning the sound off aswell and it makes no difference with it on or off. plus, my music in MK plays very slow, it sounds almost depressing :(

thnx for the help.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Mario Kart USA runs full speed for me. Your system's somewhat weak, so that's probably why you're getting terrible slowdown. Did you try the SSE2 executable?

I'll put up a video on youtube showing how it runs for me in a few minutes.

Its his cpu, but its not the speed. my athlon 3000 runs these games easily.

Hyperthreading is epic fail on P4 space heaters.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
more then likely, he can try setting the affinity before hand though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not HT causing it, i tried running the emu and set affinity to one thread, played exactly the same. i tried getting help from the maker of the emu but he accused me of using illegal backups and banned me from his forum. it seems that i wont be able to play NDS anytime soon as i dont have a dual core, just like PS2, GC, and Wii. i also tried iDeaS and it still perorms the same. o well, either im not configuring/tweaking something right or a P4 just isnt as powerful as a NDS..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is that? i ran the SSE2 exe and put it on frameskip 0, audio buffer 2500, and set affinity to one thread and New Super Mario Bros. runs better, but i still need to tweak it.

does anyone have xfire that wants to add me? faster i get replies the faster i get this down! if any of u can add me to xfire let me kno.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the suggestion Dax! it plays Mario 64 DS 100% for me, just a few questions tho. my sound is all crackly, is there a way to fix that? and also, is there a way to enlarge the screen or make it go fullscreen?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, do u have an Xfire so i can add u? or do u have msn or yahoo? if u dont want to add me thats fine, just u seem to kno what to do and i could use ur help! thnx for the help so far! i really appreciate it

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
dunno what to say here. that P4 is more powerful then my 3000+ and has SSE2, yet can't play these games.... hmmmm

1 - 20 of 64 Posts