Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, hello, just downloaded the emulator and can't get to use it becouse every time i try to, i get an error message saying that i need to reinstall the emulator becouse d3dx9_26.dll wasn't found
oh, and hello everyone, i'm new here :D

seeya

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
It is better if you read this:

http://psxemulator.freeservers.com/

It have everything you are looking for. Click README there. You are not only new..there is many new people as well. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
=D
i have to read the hole page the next time =P
anyway, there's another thing, whenever i try to use a PSX CD, i get another error message =P
here it is:
WNASPI32.dll not found - ASPI must be installed to use CD drives directly

that ASPI thing sounds familiar...

seeya

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks!
now let's see how this thing works =P

seeya

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
even after installing Adaptec ASPI it still won't read cd's...gives a sector lock error and then crashs aspi, have to reboot to get rid of the hiccup...

oh and crash's video on certian video mode changes too...at least using my HTPC with TV out. Could be because of a pal game

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
"CD not usable: Failed to set required sector mode"

I have ASPI installed because of SSF but this message say otherwise..whats going on ? What am I missing ?

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
k guys heres what the author says about this

Hi guys,

To be honest I haven't tried running games off a real CD for quite some time so it probably doesn't work too well

For now you can use .cue/.bin images instead. If you have an original CD you can create a .cue/.bin with your favourite CD burning app. Some apps can only create their own formats.. for example Nero only creates .nrgs, but you can convert them to .cue/.bin with something like MagicISO or my favourite cdMage (http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html and get the 1.02.1 Beta 5 version.. bottom link).

I will do some experiments with CDs and try to release an updated version soon... I have had problems in the past though with CD drives not being able to read XA sectors properly.

Anyway - thanks for the feedback.
so your probably trying to run it from the CD....
make an iso and you should be ok

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know this is noobish, but... how do you create a image with nero?(nero 6 =P)

isn't there a link to a guide somewhere?

seeya

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
I am aware of iso, bin/cue.. I prefer CD but thanks for letting me know and will wait for your next version or so. Maybe you need to get rid of annoying black screen every time click pSX.exe, lol. But just take your time because it is only a beginning and hope you will get rid of this black screen. Good job! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
or you can use CDRWIN..it is better and easier than nero as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Miretank said:
Nah, don't use Nero to make isos of PSX Discs. Use CloneCD - it's better and easier than Nero.
well, really i have just formated my disk and i don't want to install too much things, and as i already have nero installed, i thought of doing that thing with CDmage =P

seeya

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Miretank said:
Nah, don't use Nero to make isos of PSX Discs. Use CloneCD - it's better and easier than Nero.
i dunno about that pSX v1.0 wont load any of my ISOs that i created with Alcohol 120% on the CloneCD preset.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,624 Posts
elitejavi said:
well, hello, just downloaded the emulator and can't get to use it becouse every time i try to, i get an error message saying that i need to reinstall the emulator becouse d3dx9_26.dll wasn't found
oh, and hello everyone, i'm new here :D

seeya

that file is part of the directx libraries released in december. download the directx 9.0c december patch from the directx site to fix it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.