Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Spirit of communism
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessry to make emulator?
Maybe there is some way to make game converter?
For example: I've compared files MGS2,SH2,3,4 PS2 and PC versions: the only differense between PC and PS2 versions: in PC version some of dat archives were extracted and exe file added.
The question is HOW do that exe files work (they are 100 times faster than emulator oO ) and is it possible to make somthing like that file but for many games?
P.S. I hope this question is less n00b than:
Are you sure that SanAndreas dont work may be there is some way to run it...??? :hdbash:

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
you're question lacks any insight to how computers and software work. While some of the data files you might be right on, as far as being able to convert. As far as compiled code is concerned. It's like alien talking to a human. The only thing that could possibly make a conversation between the two is a translater. That translater is called in emulater in software terms.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
actually, a 1 for 1 code convertion is called a wrapper. A emulator is when you use mult lines of code to do 1 command. Hence why a emulator is slower then the real hardware and wrappers *cxbx* run at full speed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
the kind of platafoms are very diferent

ps2 games are optimized for that kind of hardware

pc games are optimized for other kind of hardware

I

·
0 Posts
Furthermore the goal is to play every PS2 Game on the PC without any further modifications directly from the CD/DVD. You wont achieve this with game convertion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts