Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
Joined
·
21,982 Posts
i moved it to the Cxbx section, there is no "xbox" section, and when it came to pick between Xeon and Cxbx i put it in cxbx.

anywho, malice2501, i suggest you watch your mouth,

The only 2 discussed in the forum seems to be shoddy at best.
beggars cant be choosers, ne? you make it seem like it's a tragedy that someone actually decided to throw these POSes unto you.

well guess what you are getting these emulators for free, so whatever you get is more than what you deserve anyway.

"shoddy at best"...how about, they are still works in progress? give them a few years.

can't wait? go buy an Xbox. it plays all Xbox games perfectly, and you can have it today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why does everyone assume i dont own the thing im asking about? i own an xbox, i have since they have come out. I also understand that they are works in progress. I was just wondering if something else was available other than the 2 posted (considering that psx has a bunch of em). Seems that everyone is a little touchy here and im not too welcome, so i think ill just remove myself from these forums. good luck to you all.
 

·
PCSX2 Coder
Joined
·
10,122 Posts
malice2501 said:
why does everyone assume i dont own the thing im asking about? i own an xbox, i have since they have come out. I also understand that they are works in progress. I was just wondering if something else was available other than the 2 posted (considering that psx has a bunch of em). Seems that everyone is a little touchy here and im not too welcome, so i think ill just remove myself from these forums. good luck to you all.
i think he was just referring to the fact you referred to the only existing xbox emus as "shoddy at best" as if to say "these are crap" which is a bit rude, i mean emu authors put in a hell of a lot of effort to bring the users these emus which they have no obligation to do so, its because they wish to help n share with people.

I know id be very annoyed if someone started saying "pcsx2 is complete rubbish cos most games dont work" and ive only been with the team a few months, i imagine the authors that have been there from the start would be outraged at the audacity to say it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
hushypushy said:
beggars cant be choosers, ne? you make it seem like it's a tragedy that someone actually decided to throw these POSes unto you.

well guess what you are getting these emulators for free, so whatever you get is more than what you deserve anyway.

"shoddy at best"...how about, they are still works in progress? give them a few years.
Well, please don't be mad at me now, but his question, though badly formulated, is not so unjustified.
CXBX is currently NOT work in progress, it is officially on hold because caustik has too much to do irl. At least that's the last I heard.
And the author of Xeon has never kept us informed about progress so there is no reason to assume he is still working on it.
Of course they have the right to do whatever they want, if caustik doesn't want to work on CXBX, that's fine, no problem there.
But xbox emulation has made awesome progress while caustik was working on it and his work is open source, so I was always wondering why noone picked it up?
This is no request nor a demand, it's a question, ok?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
It's not what *malice* was asking but is a valid question nontheless. From what I've seen though new coders usually join active teams instead of developing "discontinued" emulators. If the latter does happen it is usually just a hack to add a missing feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
chipsugar said:
It's not what *malice* was asking but is a valid question nontheless. From what I've seen though new coders usually join active teams instead of developing "discontinued" emulators. If the latter does happen it is usually just a hack to add a missing feature.
Thats true. Besides, after looking at the code it seems its not exactly extensively documented. With that documentation, it'd be propably very difficult to pick up the project. :(
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top