Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
Have just found the wonderful world if emulation and have some question for all you outstanding people!!
  1. I currently have a system in my cupboard and wanna make it a full emulation system to use in my lounge room tv - amd ryzen 2400g/ 16 gig 3000mhz ram/ Rx 570 you - Would these specs allow me to use it for an emulation pc?
  2. With the above specs I would look at using These emulators - nes/snes/n64/game gear/master system/mega drive/mame/neo geo/ps1/ps2/game boy variants. Would they all be playable?
  3. Is there any kind of front end programs to access the emulators all from 1 thing with the game cover art?
That's all for know but thank you to anyone who reads and can offer any help at all its muchly appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Howdy all,
Have just found the wonderful world if emulation and have some question for all you outstanding people!!
  1. I currently have a system in my cupboard and wanna make it a full emulation system to use in my lounge room tv - amd ryzen 2400g/ 16 gig 3000mhz ram/ Rx 570 you - Would these specs allow me to use it for an emulation pc?
  2. With the above specs I would look at using These emulators - nes/snes/n64/game gear/master system/mega drive/mame/neo geo/ps1/ps2/game boy variants. Would they all be playable?
  3. Is there any kind of front end programs to access the emulators all from 1 thing with the game cover art?
That's all for know but thank you to anyone who reads and can offer any help at all its muchly appreciated!
1. Of course, it is still quite decent and should be capable of handling most emulation at 1080p (excluding the later consoles as their full emulation is not yet achieved and/or requires extensive pc power). My laptop is marginally weaker than your setup and it can run most emulation smoothly in high settings.

2. Yes, all you have to do is choose a good emulator for each system. Not sure about MAME since it is a multi-system emulator and results may vary depending on the system emulated. I recommend using either a specific emulator or retroarch with specific cores.

3. I would say retroarch is currently the best choice. But it is quite sophisticated, not very user-friendly and requires a lot of learning and trial-and-errors to achieve desired result.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts