Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Yeah, if you have an original HKT-01 dev kit for dreamcast you can interface it with your pc. No cd or dvd drive can read gd-roms since they are written in a proprietary fashion (meaning Sega was the only one that used those kinds of discs). Otherwise you'll have to get a coders cable for dreamcast and some software and rip them from your dc to you pc. There's no way around this.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's not completly true Generalplot. A few games I had for the dreamcast back in the day were readable with my computers CD-ROM. Occasionally you'd find some desktop pics or something on the disc.
Chankast may not be able to read the game discs, but a CD-ROM drive can.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Yeah, some games had hidden treasures like pics and additional media that can be accessed by pc, but as far as actually reading the game data, that can't be done from any game. Sonic Adventure, I believe was one of them, it has pics you can get with a pc cd-rom, but it can not read the game data, since the pics were in the area of the disc on the first session that can be read by a standard cd-rom, but the game data is on the second session of the disc (the high density area) and can't be read. So unless he's looking for hidden content, then he's out of luck with those original gd-roms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts