Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that alot of games and I mean ALOT of games crash at EmuIDirect3DDevice8::AddRef() Is there a reason for this? This is where I'd least expect a chash actually... oO

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
most of the times there are already errors or wrong pointers in the lines before, the addref state is crashing crashing on these.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shadow_tj said:
most of the times there are already errors or wrong pointers in the lines before, the addref state is crashing crashing on these.
Ok, it makes sense now, thanks shadow_tj.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
its ok.. can you post the loggings ??
prehaps whe can find the errors.
i got lots of games wich has this kind of errors because the initial state of the graphics adapter have pointers to 0x0000000 this is a big mistake bacause then your these pointers are not signed.

but prehaps there are some other errors.

you can also copy the hle stuff from another hle file for example if the xdk has no reference to dxsound for example into xdk 3949 but the xdk 3911 has sound support you can copy the sound hle data files.. rename the stuff to 3949 and recompile the cxbx sources.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shadow_tj said:
its ok.. can you post the loggings ??
prehaps whe can find the errors.
i got lots of games wich has this kind of errors because the initial state of the graphics adapter have pointers to 0x0000000 this is a big mistake bacause then your these pointers are not signed.

but prehaps there are some other errors.

you can also copy the hle stuff from another hle file for example if the xdk has no reference to dxsound for example into xdk 3949 but the xdk 3911 has sound support you can copy the sound hle data files.. rename the stuff to 3949 and recompile the cxbx sources.
Maybe I can post the loggings this afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts