Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to be a good year in emulation, but not overall. IDSA has been lately cracking down on several sites, and not just sites with PSX or DC ISOs or N64 Roms, but also Sega Genesis and SNES roms. Now, I see a problem with the ISOs and the N64 roms, but the 16-bit roms? Now there's a problem there. They haven't been this harsh since....hmm, since 16-bit emulation started to develop. Several sites, both mainstream (recently, PE2000 and ACEROMs) and non-mainstream rom sites have been either shut down or forced to remove their roms. This is wrong, especially for the fact that IDSA will lose money and nobody is gaining a bit of revenue or profit off these roms. Then there's Tim Eckel, who's shut down quite a few emulation sites, most infamously mame.dk (luckily, that managed to ressurect). Also, The Plasticman Network, the parent network of Plasticman's Emulation Network (which has been both one of the older and more reliable emulation sites), was shut down due to server fees. These first six months have sucked for roms, IMO. :(

Place your opinions here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Okay, for a second I thought you were going to say that PMN was shut down because of "being sued" fees or something. It's strange, about two weeks before he made the one month warning, he said he was raking in money from the site. I think he bailed in case he actually did lose money. I haven't talked to Plastic since, though. The IRC channel is still up (I'm not sure if I can say what it is though), DAL seems to love rejecting Polaris, and I don't care to work around it. I had an FServe there, and it wasn't ROMs that I served!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by kingking 3rd
move on to ftp and newsgroups.
That's not much of a solution. It's quite confusing for ftp. And you never seem to find the rom you're looking for in newsgroups.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can always try a server client like Morpheus or Hotline HQ... Even though Morpheus isn't my personal choice I use Hotline HQ a lot for things of that such. Especially when it comes to N64 roms... The only problem with HQ is that U have to upload to download most of the time... and often its a hassle to find a server that isn't clogged with hundreds of users...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.