Votes: 8 5.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I think it might cause some confusion, here is a little quote from our friend, the dictionary

The dictionary. And his cousin said:
innovation
n

Definition: change, novelty
Antonyms: custom, habit, old, old hat, rut, tradition

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
thecloudofsmoke i don't think that is always the problem. I found it without problem, downloaded it, and placed it in every thinkable directory and the emu still did not find it untill i had rebooted 148 times.

aaanyway, pcsx2 because it has gone the most forward!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
pSX, a plain and simple emulator from what I know, no plugins so easy to use.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,700 Posts
I voted for pSX, secretly hoping this would magically spawn a new version that fixes a bug or two :p

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
This time my vote goes to pSX emulator.
Great software to bring back some memories.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
gsPSP FTW!

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
U know me.....I love dolphin.:D

·
Tapa na pantera
313 Posts
pcsx2...

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I think psx had more change than pcsx2 this year.

·
The Reploid Samurai
88 Posts
Ok, although there are Emus that make progress, pcsx2 makes a breakthrough!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe i am just impressed by fancy features, but Dual Core optimization, SM 3.0 utilization and moving on to 64 bit processing? Come on. Thats just good programming. And the stuff that is REALLY innovative, I don't even understand, but I know its doing a damn good job of emulating the Ps2.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Seems the PCSX2 will win again this year, I really think this award should be changed to emulator of the year since in the foreseeable future I see PCSX2 winning this as it is the most popular emulator around. If the emu innovation award is to be given it should be given on specific innovations each emulator make in the year. This should, though this is wishful thinking, focus the award on what it should be about...innovation.

Here is an example of a specific innovation:
gpSP - innovation: allows GBA games to be played on the PSP

This year PCSX2 made significant improvements in speed and compatibility but it's not an innovation it's just an amazing accomplishment by the emulator developers. And I will admit now that like many of you this time last year I was all in glamor of the amazing progress the emulator made and even justified it with my feelings on what counted as emulation innovation.

zman982 said:
For me, innovation means more in emulation since introducing anything new in terms of emulation would include the start of a new project, the addition of features in an emulator, an increase in compatibility, or an increase in emulation speed since each didn't exist previously.
I have completely changed my feelings on this and I believe now as Flare and some then believed then that the award should be given to the emulator that does something new and not improve speed and compatibility.

·
Banned
6,349 Posts
Here is an example of a specific innovation:
gpSP - innovation: allows GBA games to be played on the PSP
And don't forget it was ported to the Dreamcast, with good speed and compatibility being the first version.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.