Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post here again, since apparently I broke a rule in the other topic.

So anyway, I'm playing Ehrgeiz on an iso, and I can't seem to get it working. It loads and all, but I just get a black screen, and it aint cool. :/ I think it locks up after a few seconds, though. I minimize, and it bring it back up, and the black part won't show up, just the outlining with a missing screen in the middle. However, when I hit esc it responds, and closes to the original screen.

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.16
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 1

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: on [00000004]

Those are my video plugins, I don't think sound is relevant to the problem. I tried the actual CD, it won't even read into my CD-ROM, so that isn't an option. :/

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I think I know your problem. You might need to install aspi drivers. 90% of the time a black screen comes from a incorrect cdvd plugin. Your game is probably not even loading. I suggest installing some aspi drivers to fix the problem or to change your cdvd plugin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o_O? What's the cdvd plugin? I'm not using a CD-ROM plugin. As I said, the CD won't even read on my computer, probably too scratched up. If it's a different plugin, please explain, I've never worked with ASPI drivers before.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you dont need ASPI if you are running off an ISO.

anyway, as from your other thread, you downloaded this ISO. that could be the main reason it doesnt work, and besides, ngemu doesnt provide support nor endorse ROMs ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
It's not only that we don't support piracy (wich is reason enough in itself to close this thread too, so please quit telling that), but the iso you downloaded might be corrupt, incorrectly done, ripped, etc. If so, nothing can fix it, so you'll be losing your time and ours.

Do it the legal way: buy the game. Or if you really own it, and it's your cd drive the culprit, iso it on a friends house, copy the iso to a cd (not burn it, copy it as a file), and copy then the iso file to your hard drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried that, Chan. It won't read in my CD-ROM or my Granny's. I don't know what else to do! ._.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I bought the game again earlier today, and it runs fine as a CD-ROM! Thing is.. When I try to play the Arcade mode, the shiat freezes on the ' Now Loading ' portion. :/ Was this covered previously?

Edit: Sorry about the double post.

·
Registered
135 Posts
to tell u the truth....ive had it working in game.....i had the black screen u were talkin about but fixed it......it is possible to run , i managed it but cant remember how

1 - 10 of 10 Posts