Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my friend in programming told me that, apparently, with the correct plugins, ePSXe can run a couple of PS2 games, namely Final Fantasy X. My PS2 works whenever it feels like it, so it'd be nice to pop my FFX disc into my computer's disc tray and play it from there. I know it sounds completely ridiculous, and it probably is, but I wanted someone to confirm that I could NOT under any circumstances use ePSXe to run FFX. Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
lol nope no chance
thats like saying with the proper cd you could play ps2 games on your psx
just cant be done

PCSX2 on the other hand is making progress on it, nothing "comfortably" playable yet tho

hope this helps

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Trapspringer said:
Today my friend in programming told me that, apparently, with the correct plugins, ePSXe can run a couple of PS2 games, namely Final Fantasy X. My PS2 works whenever it feels like it, so it'd be nice to pop my FFX disc into my computer's disc tray and play it from there. I know it sounds completely ridiculous, and it probably is, but I wanted someone to confirm that I could NOT under any circumstances use ePSXe to run FFX. Thanks.
Your friend in programming is smoking crack, or pulling your leg :???:

ePSXe emulates PSX architecture only regardless of plugin usage. This would be the equivalent of trying to play a playstation 2 game on a PSOne console.

PCSX2 is progressing nicely, but does not emulate commercial games fully yet. So stick to your PS2 for now, and tell your friend to stop lying

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
"Eh? Using ePSXe to run...PS2 games?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today my friend in programming told me that, apparently, with the correct plugins, ePSXe can run a couple of PS2 games, namely Final Fantasy X. My PS2 works whenever it feels like it, so it'd be nice to pop my FFX disc into my computer's disc tray and play it from there. I know it sounds completely ridiculous, and it probably is, but I wanted someone to confirm that I could NOT under any circumstances use ePSXe to run FFX. Thanks."

i admire your courage by saying that here
but still they are 2 diffrent things

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
your friend is either:

1. a douchebag (if he's serious)
2. not funny (if he's joking)

im closing this thread as it's pointless to discuss whether a PSX emulator plays PS2 games (although, feel free to go try your PS2 discs in your Playstation).

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
did i? i swear that i went back to close it. well, that's why there is more than one moderator, just to cover each other's backs :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Really? I thought it was to have private conversations after closing threads oO

:p

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
damn you I-Chan you're not making it any better! wait neither am i...dammit all to hell we are horrible role models!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.