Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well because of all the lame DDoS attacks on EFnet ... I am officially bored out of my mind. So I guess I could be more active on the boards now ... heh. Guess I could moderate awhile ... I could work on my sites ... ok ... ok I am so bored I am even annoying myself now. Well ... this sucks!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, there're even 4 people in the chan while I'm typing that ! Amazing, ehh ? And mindspring just linked back, so only about 90% is still de-linked (de-motivating somehow ...)

Can't be much worse, so yeah, boards are a good idea. Reminds me, we could switch to another network.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mindspring doesn't like @home ... but I am split on irc.gblx.net ... heh all by myself. Anyways I have been reading the forums at www.efnet.org ... man some pretty funny and sad stuff.

Bobbi just let me know if you switch off of EFnet and I will be there. Also irc.solidstreaming.net is down for good ... damn. One by one they go down. Last I checked that puts out 3 of my servers that I use ... irc.emory.edu ... irc.ins.net.uk .. and now solidstreaming ... hell before I know it all the servers I use will be useless until they return ... if they return. :(

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
well, if u creat a #psxemu on other server, plz post it in this topic :)
maybe it would be good making it a sticky topic...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome back Wormie. Good to hear from you again. Hope stay around for awhile.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where would you move?

Dalnet splits just as much, Undernet is even worse than that...

EFnet won't die just yet, and SS and INS will most likely return, they just delinked and null-routed their servers to stop the 3+ GB/sec DDoS they were getting...

What EFnet needs is a complete redone US Routing dept. irc.teq.org (aka irc.freebsd.org) was denied a relink back to EFnet after a two-day server move during it's trial period, for moronic reasons. That server had more bandwidth at it's disposal than most EFnet servers combined. Great servers like that are delinked, while closed I:line, low-bandwidth servers are allowed to stay. FFS, irc.umn.edu has less than 200 clients normally, and nearly all of them are opers or oper's friends. And it's allowed to stay. That's utter bullshit. ircd.psi.net was denied a trial link because of it's financial situation, ironically, concentric.net, a longtime efnet server, is in a similiar financial situation.

EFneXt never took off because it's founders pulled out at the last second, but most of it's ideas, and some better ones, are going into Hybrid 7.0 (most efnet ircd's run ircd 2.8-hybrid6.0 or 6.0.1, or ircd 2.8-comstud..). Hopefully, upon it's completion (it's currently at 7.0 Beta 1), most efnet servers will /rehash to hybrid7, and EFnet will improved a great deal..

Oh yes, irc.solidstreaming.net just relinked to EFnet about 5 mins ago, guess even skript kiddies can't keep the best network down for too long :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts