Next Generation Emulation banner
261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I believe you are refering to deinterlacing which sadly is not yet supported by RetroArch (but I hope it will be in the future)

As for the "accurate image" interlacing was present on the original console and that's how the game actually looked like but I think since we were playing with CRTs it wasn't nearly as much visible as it is now.
I just discovered i can get the "deinterlacing" blinking lifebars effect, through Shaders! Now Bloody Roar 2 look awesome, also Tekken 3 and Ergheiz! I just have two words: Goodbye EPSXE!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have microstutter (visible in the blinking effect of Bloody Roar and Blody Roar 2, but happens in all my games) and cant get rid of it. Its framelimit related, i have 3,8gz quad core and 2 gb video nvidia card, enough for run OpenGL2Tweak in 1080 resolution and xBR filter. I read threads in this forum, i used diferent plugins, different settings, but anyting work. Gpublade fixes this problem for me, but in some games has a insane framerate drop (the "super art level 3 galaxy supernova" effect in Street Fighter EX 2 Plus).
At the other hand, the psx core in retroarch works perfect out of the box. And has better compatibility.
Maybe my problem is hardware related, so epsxe isnt at fault, but if i manage to fix epsxe stutter, i use it, it have better graphics options, like antialias, shaders, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What's so bad about ePSXe?
It's the ZSNES of PlayStation emulators. The popular choice nobody will move from, even though pretty much anything else is more accurate and has better compatibility. It's responsible for game mods that work only on ePSXe and nowhere else, much like ZSNES is responsible for a plethora of mods that won't work anywhere else.

But the Android version is actually a very good emulator, and 2.0 borrows more heavily from it, so perhaps 2.0 will fare better. It ran inordinately slow for me when I tried, so I'll stick to my usual PCSX-R and Mednafen, but it would be nice if it reached a point where I don't have to answer every bug report with, "stop using ePSXe to fix your problem."

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's the ZSNES of PlayStation emulators. The popular choice nobody will move from, even though pretty much anything else is more accurate and has better compatibility. It's responsible for game mods that work only on ePSXe and nowhere else, much like ZSNES is responsible for a plethora of mods that won't work anywhere else.

But the Android version is actually a very good emulator, and 2.0 borrows more heavily from it, so perhaps 2.0 will fare better. It ran inordinately slow for me when I tried, so I'll stick to my usual PCSX-R and Mednafen, but it would be nice if it reached a point where I don't have to answer every bug report with, "stop using ePSXe to fix your problem."
ZSNES of PS1 emulators? You do know that ZSNES hasn't been updated since 2007? Anything else has better compatibility? ePSXe is the most compatible thing I've ever used. I've had way more compatibility and even more performance issues with PCSX-R for that matter. The only thing that annoys me is that Soul Blade/Edge will not run, but that's a known bug and will be fixed because unlike ZSNES, ePSXe is still in active development. ;)

@dukejp
I don't have any microstuttering in Bloody Roar 2, so that must be an issue related to your specific system or maybe inoptimal plugin configuration. Can you make a screenshot of your OpenGL2 plugin settings?

·
Registered
138 Posts
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests
Looks like 2.0 was kind to ePSXe's accuracy. You should have seen how abysmal it was before.

Aaaaand I should have read the paragraph above the table. ePSXe's results are skewed, as using that configuration isn't even suitable for games. I laugh.

And use a nightly build of PCSX-R. The last stable build is borked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ZSNES of PS1 emulators? You do know that ZSNES hasn't been updated since 2007? Anything else has better compatibility? ePSXe is the most compatible thing I've ever used. I've had way more compatibility and even more performance issues with PCSX-R for that matter. The only thing that annoys me is that Soul Blade/Edge will not run, but that's a known bug and will be fixed because unlike ZSNES, ePSXe is still in active development. ;)

@dukejp
I don't have any microstuttering in Bloody Roar 2, so that must be an issue related to your specific system or maybe inoptimal plugin configuration. Can you make a screenshot of your OpenGL2 plugin settings?

Ok. This is the thread i made about my problem:
http://ngemu.com/threads/i-cant-get-rid-of-microstutter-in-last-epsxe.175225/

Just to keep this post clean, its about the Gpublade plugin. I upload some pictures with my configuration.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is there anybody else who was perfectly capable of using the config for bladesoft before, but not with this update?
Solved the problem. For anyone who can't get the GUI to open, these are the steps:
Install GTK2. Copy all dlls from the installed directory to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
Install GTK3. Copy all dlls from the installed directory to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64, agree to overwrite any existing files.
Download libwinpthread-1.dll and copy it to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Tested on both my laptop and desktop, and that combination in that order gets the thing working.

·
Registered
374 Posts
[update] gpuBladeSoft 1.64 x86 for Windows, x64 for Linux
changelog:
- Fixed artifacts when using increased internal resolution;
- Increased the maximum possible internal resolution to 16x16;
- Added the ability to set arbitrary proportions of the picture;
- Fixed loading of large shaders;
- Fixed dithering;
- Implemented multi-threaded renderer;
- Fixed most of the increased internal resolution artifacts;
- Increased maximal internal resolution to 16x16;
- Added an option to set a custom aspect ratio;
- Fixed the loading of large shaders;
- Fixed dithering mode;
- Multi-threaded renderer implemented;
When using multithreading, remember that the renderer will occupy all these threads 100%.
For maximum performance, you must also turn off energy-saving technologies.

Switching internal resolution on the fly is not implemented.
When using multithreading, remember:
- Setting the number of threads above the number of physical cores reduces the FPS;
- The renderer takes all of these streams at 100%;
- For 1x1 internal resolution, multithreading reduces FPS;
- The higher the internal resolution, the greater the gain from multithreading.
To achieve maximum performance, you must turn off energy-saving technologies.

Multithreaded blitter increases FPS only at very high resolutions, so do NOT enable it.

Under Linux, there is an unpleasant moment - the PCSXR emulator sets the ./pcsxr/plugins directory as the current one, and the EPSXE emulator sets the ./epsxe directory as the current one, so far it is decided to create symbolic links.
link to official support in russian: http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1192

link to download: http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=26342#p26342

-- end of official text --

I could not make the GUI open. the application simply does not open without displaying any error message. and the behavior is the same with all tested libraries.

at least one fire problem that occurred in the first phase of Resident Evil 2 has been fixed. and I say this because the plugin works independently of the GUI by manually changing the file "Configs\gpuBladeSoft-1.64.ini", although the procedure is not as intuitive and quite speculative.

list below all libraries tested:

"gtk+-bundle_3.4.2-20130513_win32.zip"
"gtk+-bundle_3.6.4-20130513_win32.zip"
http://www.tarnyko.net/dl/gtk.htm

"uGet 2.2.1" and "uGet 2.2.2" for "gtk3 files"
https://sourceforge.net/projects/urlget/

"gtk-runtime-3.8.1-i686.exe"
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk3win/files/

"redist.7z" and "redist-minir-x86.zip" for "libwinpthread-1.dll"
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/redist.7z
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/redist-minir-x86.zip

none worked...

cheers!

·
Registered
374 Posts
gpuBladeSoft-1.64 x86 for Windows!

plugin with libs and script to open GUI.

just 2 steps:
(1) unpack the 7z in the same folder as ePSXe.exe or PCSXR-PGXP.exe
(2) always open the emulator through "open-epsxe-or-pcsxr-pgxp-with-edgbla-gpublade.cmd"

profit!

gpuBladeSoft-1.64-Windows-x86-with-libs-and-script.7z [7z 10MB, unpack 40MB]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QasWP0TZy3RDj_PwEO-n2JYtparpqHPr

virus total: 0/54
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...abf1c92132101bd6a0f636f76ccfdeccaf5/detection

changelog: added missing libexpat-1.dll to path; [thank you very much tapeq!]

this plugin is a masterpiece made by edgbla, wonderful work! thank you very much too!

cheers!

Reactions: zackboy

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi.
I've already downloaded this update, but i wasn't able on to open it properly. I had already installed the GTK3 - Runtime 3.8.1 - i686 exe. I was able on to run with this; the 1.46 and older versions from this wonderful plugin as well.
However. I've already downloaded and installed those priors GTK's versions that they were named from here, for on to open to this new updated version, but still with no progress.
..... So, i managed on to open a game with this actual 1.64 version. But not on to open the GUI exe for on try to configure it. ( Just simply it won't open, that's all )

NOTE: I did your instructions on how to install it. And it doesn't works on me.

The Gui won't opens but the games can be opened, i see. But i can't managed on to configure it.
If someone could opened this new version well. Please tell me on how to do it. It needs another GTK updating again?. It seems that with the 3.8.1 version, i was able on to open the game as well, but i still got some flaws with this.

I trying on use it with ePSXe and My Specs are:

Windows 10 Home, 32-bit, 64-bit
GeForce GT 1030
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core
Processor 3.50 GHz
Ram 8Gb

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had already installed the GTK3 - Runtime 3.8.1 - i686 exe. I was able on to run with this the 1.46 and older versions from this wonderful plugin as well. However. I've already downloaded and installed those priors GTK's versions that they were named from here, for on to open to this new updated version, but still with no progress. It needs another GTK updating again?
if you have read my message before the plugin + script was published, you will find that the GUI is not compatible with the installable version of 3.8.1.

so what was done was a script that always needs to be executed to open the emulator and only then the GUI.

the script was made in a way that doesn't make any changes to the machine. it only affects the epsxe or pcsxr-pgxp opened by it, and nothing more.

however, older libraries installed on the system may "pollute" the system %path% and thus compromise GUI usage.

I recommend uninstalling all GTK libraries from the system (then reboot) if you used them only for old gpuBladeSoft.

if you do not want to use the script, you can install the libraries through MSYS2 installer, modify the path accordingly and then restart. however, when using installed libraries more programs can be striked, so I prefer the solution by script. MSYS2 installer: https://www.msys2.org/

finally, it is possible to create a windows shortcut for the script with the PCSXR-PGXP or ePSXe icon and use it in the taskbar, start menu, desktop, etc., which allows you to open the emulator through the script with the only difference that cmd.exe will "flash" in this process before opening the emulator.

if you cannot remove the installed GTKs for any reason please let me know, and I'll see what we can do.

cheers!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi. Thanks for the respond.

I've managed on read at your post before and you were told us that this new updated version cannot be opened, even if you installed all of that stuff before.
But at later posting; someone told you or give you the information ( Tapeq ) about that the libexpat-1.dll file extension were missing. And then, you were so thankfull about that. I thought that you were managed on to open this new version at last without any problems.

However. I was watching over this GpuBladesoft 1.64 exe file. And it seems that this is the only problem from this. Everything worked just fine. As i told before. The game opens but the Gui won't after all. But Anyway, i will return with my old 1.46 version. Still holding up pretty well. And i don't have any issues for uninstalling / installing my GTK3 3.8.1.

Maybe the Exe file from this update for GpuBladeeSoft got some many issues inside at the Windows versions. But who knows if the author wants on fix it or something for a future friendly user interactions. I don't need those
MSYS2 stuff for now on. Maybe at the future.

Thank you anyway.
Cheers !!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
OK.

just to make it clear this version works normally using the script:
https://www.ngemu.com/threads/edgblas-gpubladesoft.144037/page-14#post-2728177

it has all the libraries needed to open the new plugin, however, the user cannot have the old versions installed.

I don't know if it's possible to have multiple versions of the plugin at the same time, most likely not.

it is possible, however, to have different scripts and libraries in different folders, without any installation, which can open one or the other, but without both at the same time by the same script.

if you want a new script to test... I can send it in private, because I can not test otherwise. just call me in private.

cheers!

261 - 280 of 283 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.