Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nov. 13, 2005
Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

The cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy will be performed in Minneapolis on Monday, and Eddie's body will then be flown to Phoenix. Funeral arrangements are set for Wednesday in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The wrestling world is deeply saddened by the loss of a pure warrior. Saddest thing is, he was supposed to win the title of Batista.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Damn, what the hell?? Just saw the guy on Friday and he was being as cunning as he always was and now I hear he's no longer with us. Man stuff like that should make me realize how precious life is and cherish each day but I know I'll evenually take it for grant it again. Anyway my heart goes out to Eddie's family.

Rest in peace, Eddie. :(

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
RIP, Eddie.

Batista was supposed to drop the title to him? That really sucks... Can't wait for the autopsy.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Oh, what a loss!

He was a great athlete man, and kept the WWE interesting even its seriously down moments....and him passing in his prime, that's so tragic. :(

RIP Eddie.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Indeed...tragic...not so much because of his WWE fame, but moreso that he left behind a family at quite a young age.

We too also enjoyed his WWE antics. He is in a better place now, but perhaps a little too soon for his time

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
man two deaths in the same week and both so very young.. I'll miss CybBlade and Eddie :(

Rest in peace man.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was in Minneapolis for the Raw/Smackdown show sunday night. they changed the whole program in tribute to him. it was really amazing to see how his coworkers reacted- esp. Chris Benoit, whos a long time friend of his.

and yes, Eddie was supposed to win the title from Batista. and was supposed to be part of this month's PPV..

it is really sad that he left a wife and 3 children behind.
and all his friends from work- these guys travelled around the nation and world with him for at least a decade

he truly had an interesting character and entertained millions - god bless him

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,225 Posts
Yeah its real sad, I am your basic silent WWE fan (someone who likes it a lot but you would never know because I never talk about it). This weeks RAW was great and can't wait to see Smackdown this friday. The guy was a legend and had been in the business for 20 years. He was completely respected by all his peers and was loved by millions. Guess his past demons caught up with him (he has been sober for 4 years) .. from the autopsy the cause of death was heart disease which was most likely brought on from his past abuse of alcohal and pain killers and add the fact he was always working out extremely hard and the hard travel life of a pro wrestler all caught up with him. His blood vessels were all thin and worn out and I guess he just went into a deep sleep so at least he wasn't in pain (like a heart attack) since there was no trama. He will be missed and respected forever. RIP Eddie - 1967 - 2005.

WWE has posted up a real nice Tribute Video featuring the song "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down .. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494606/1515310/1581782/3tdeddietribvid

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.