Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
True. I'm pretty sure they have to meet a quota though. Which Square-Enix itself has fallen for.
I doubt that. It's the devs that concentrate on one game at a time for a while that make good games.

The only reason I can imagine that they'd want to release a bunch of crap is because it might take less money to make garbage, and they can release them quickly in hopes that people ignore the reviews.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Man, what the hell is happening to this site.
The noob ratio seems to have increased a lot, seeing some comments here.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Exodus, site reviews are quite innacurate most of times. If you judge a game by some piece of crap review, you're gonna miss a lot of good games.
I've agreed with just about every review (or averages of many sites) I've seen. So, maybe for some people they're inaccurate, but not in my case. And even if you ignore the number they give, reviews give you a good idea of the pros and cons, and tell you a bit about the game in general.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Well read Spider Man Web of Shadows PC review on IGN and then read the users comments about it. I think the guy was fired for such an innacurate review. LOL, users were asking IGN to fire the poor fella. Not poor.. He is an idiot, anyway, for doing such a crappy review. Really, where does they pick up those guys ?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
They probably just pick up people who've written articles, and reviewed many games in the past. If they start hiring people based on their opinions, it won't really allow for a good source. I never take any single reviewer's opinion, and always opt on an average from many sites.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
I do consult review sites for basic information (which is shoddy enough as it is). However, I almost never agree with the more personally-flavoured parts of the review.
And most of them are hardly being objective, IMO... for example, in many cases, a game with Zelda in the name automatically can't score below 8.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
they could be some good things from the slow down too......anyone expecting cheaper games??.......
or the total reverse of this more expensive games.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Maybe they went the lazy way, took the console versions, and just reduced the score due to graphical problems. Or maybe the version they reviewed was better in some way, or maybe their PC's didn't have issues with it. Who knows. I mean, they DO know the game is good, it's just hurt by PC syndrome.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
all the GTA4 PC reviews were copy/pasted from the Console version LOL.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.