Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of or try to write one? Thinking something similar to cdz or bz.The source is included in the ecm tools so its of no secret how they do it. Just wondering ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL
What pirates? System is discontinued, and anyway how would specific CD image format support help pirates? How is this worse than anything related to emulators, or such topics as: "How to Make a Perfect Backup of PSX Games", "PSX BIOS Dumping guide" or "Disc Combining Kits"?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was not sure whether or not this forum was biased twords people who like to collect images. But yeah, Pirates? I was a bit confused there also. If playing cd images on an emulator is under the classification of pirating then I guess I could see that. IMO, its the reproducing of the images that is pirating, hence establishing a motive. I guess collection is aiding in a sense.Dont know..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ECM is used to decrease the size of images to allow faster web distribution, it has become the format of choice for several rom sites.

an ECM plugin would be doing nothing but aiding them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.