Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this Korean friend of mine told me I could prolong my life with 4 years if I started eating red peppers, so I decided to take the advice. I bought fresh red peppers, and so carefully took a bite of one ( I heard they were really strong ) but it wasn't that bad kind of tasted like paprika...

so at the last part i took a big bite.... that's when I realised all the strong stuff is in the seeds... so my tongue has been burning for awhile now... and I took a new record in drinking 6 glasses in 10 seconds. :lol: Okay so you guys might laugh at me.... but at least i can warn some people not to be as stupid as me!

·
Registered
114 Posts
"this Korean friend of mine told me I could prolong my life with 4 years if I started eating red peppers"
Thank goodness people listen to intelligent advice nowadays, instead of totally worthless things their friends tell them.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Mookster said:
Thank goodness people listen to intelligent advice nowadays, instead of totally worthless things their friends tell them.
lol totally :p

ChankastRules: Try some milk, it works well for that type of stuff.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
i hear there is some sort of medical benefit in eating spicy foods, but uh... i'd start thinking of ways to get back at your friend.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
hahaha :D

but the pain won't end up just yet, just wait till you'll have to "expell" everything out. Now that'll be some serious burn :X

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ChankastRules: Try some milk, it works well for that type of stuff.
Thank you for the advice :) I am feeling better now. I have to admit I did kind of get a energy kick out of eating that stuff.

i'd start thinking of ways to get back at your friend.
Ah, well I'm not that upset now, beucase I did some searching on the net, and it appears like many sources acctually agrees with her. Your life MIGHT be prolonged by 4% if you eat red peppers often. Well, now maybe I'll keep doing that BUT not the way I ate this first one.... I guess I should get back at her somehow for not telling me about the seeds being the extremly strong stuff. Maybe with some awful tasting rotten swedish fish :D ( yeah it's tradition to eat that here )

·
band
5,270 Posts
lol....this reminds me of the time in elementry i went to vietnamese pho with a buncha friends. when i went to the washroom they took the time to take all the seeds out of these really small green peppers, put it on a spoon and got me to eat them....i think i had a stomache ache for 2 days and my throat was hurting for a week.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
Well, when you live in Mexico you tend to forget that chili actually has a strong taste...

... until you go to the bathroom. Well, even that is over after some years of having chili in your diet :p

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
This stuff seems to be the best to neutralize all the spices. Just like Popuri pointed out it is not drinking that helps, but eating something to neutralize it. So please don't mind the holy water on the background, it was just the first hit on google, k? :heh:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Proto said:
Bleh, who'd want to neutralize it anyway. A chili is not good if it doesn't make your head go crazy and make your tongue dissolve into tiny, misserable particles. :p
Heh, agreed :D

I love spicy food, there is this Vietnamese lady around the corner selling these delicious spring rolls and she's got two kinds of sauces, 'sweet chili' and some 'hot sambal'. She was looking surprised when I used a whole spoon of the hot stuff to hide my spring roll, I told her it wasn't that hot, only to ride away with my mouth open to enjoy the feel of my tongue on fire :p

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
I once had the "5star" or extremely hot version of a thai soup, I swear i was coughing with each spoon of soup :lol: I didn't care though, I ended up having a sore throat, a runny nose and looked like I was crying, but who cares, it tasted great :lol:

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Proto said:
Bleh, who'd want to neutralize it anyway. A chili is not good if it doesn't make your head go crazy and make your tongue dissolve into tiny, misserable particles. :p
reminds me of that simpsons episode

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
I love spicy foods! a good way to eat peppers without the burn is to eat it with your teeth. its hard to explain, but the Capsaicin in the peppers bonds to fat. I was just at a friends house and he dared me to eat a jabanero pepper whole, thinking that i'd be all in pain, but i gulped it down no prob. but well, as Proto said, whats the point if there's no pain. Also, a big no no is using mouthwash after eating something spicy. good god did that hurt, not in the good way either.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
ChankastRules said:
..beucase I did some searching on the net, and it appears like many sources acctually agrees with her. Your life MIGHT be prolonged by 4% if you eat red peppers often.
.. and fiber-rich food MIGHT give you cancer. ;p *cough*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.