Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself an ASUS 6800GT card and was wondering where I should get the upgrade drivers. From the ASUS website or nvidia?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but wouldn't that cause conflicts?

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Nevermore said:
but wouldn't that cause conflicts?
Nah, its the same hardware except its rebadged from a different company. Its still a 6800GT so the nvidia drivers should work fine.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot Snake and reich :)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Nah, its the same hardware except its rebadged from a different company. Its still a 6800GT so the nvidia drivers should work fine.
actually it's not "rebadged" because Nvidia doesnt actually make first-party gfx cards like ATi does. Nvidia makes the core GPU and the other companies do the rest. but yeah, you got your point across, a 6800GT from one company is the same as any other.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Sorry for not being clear enough. It was not in response to the ATi remark, but to this:
hushypushy said:
Nvidia makes the core GPU and the other companies do the rest.
With the reference cards, Nvidia provides a working reference for the other companies, in addition to just the core GPU and leaving them to do all the rest. I thought the way you put it could be a bit misleading, hence my comment. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.