Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just overclocked my e8500 to 4.2ghz but had to put the vcore to 1.4 how long do you reckon the chip will last should be building a new system within 2 years would it last that long or should i downclock it a bit.

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
you can't speculate that.
I had mine running at 1.5V for some time to hold it stable at 3.6ghz.
1.4 should be fine for a very long time.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
1 thing for sure it will decrease the life expectancy not to worry though with proper cooling. ;)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
you can't speculate that.
I had mine running at 1.5V for some time to hold it stable at 3.6ghz.
1.4 should be fine for a very long time.
The 45nm CPUs, such as his, only need, and thus, can only take, less voltage than the 65nm CPUs, such as yours. You are right that you can't really speculate.

I'm running mine a bit under 1.4V now (1.376V). For all intents and purposes, I'd say yours should last at least two years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks nice to hear a reply from som1 that has a similar chip :) to bad my chip sucks though 4.5 with 1.37 is really nice

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
The 45nm CPUs, such as his, only need, and thus, can only take, less voltage than the 65nm CPUs, such as yours. You are right that you can't really speculate.

I'm running mine a bit under 1.4V now (1.376V). For all intents and purposes, I'd say yours should last at least two years.
At least two years is all? I'd bargain much, much longer than that. :p

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Thanks nice to hear a reply from som1 that has a similar chip :) to bad my chip sucks though 4.5 with 1.37 is really nice
SUCKS?????? You gotta be kidding. It's nice to see someone who's serious about CPU Speed and not willing to settle for the run of the mill E8400....

...someone that cares enough to spend that little bit extra for the 3.16 Gigaherts!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Nice.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol is that sarcasm ? anyway i wasnt serious enough to spend more on the E8600 i would have prefered an E8400 with an E0 steping than my crappy C0

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
Lol is that sarcasm ? anyway i wasnt serious enough to spend more on the E8600 i would have prefered an E8400 with an E0 steping than my crappy C0
No sarcasm.... - the E8500 is almost the same as the E8600 but a hell of a lot cheaper.....

Anyways, I meant it....Very Good......

Didn't know about the CO though..still good anyways

Probably would go slightly higher than the E8400....unless it's one of those GOLDEN ONES that everybody at extreme systems seems to be getting....

Not bad though:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Stepping is probably more important than model number for these E8x00 CPUs. For example, I'd rather take an E0 E8400 than a C0 E8500. The E8600 only comes in E0 stepping. The recent E8400 and E8500 should be mostly E0 left by now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts