Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
They aren't banned. Simply E3 put some rules in place to make sure there isn't any sexually provocative women there. Booth babes will still be present, just not in bikini bottoms and licking eachother ;)

Personally the booth babes make E3 seem kind of cheap, I mean I love em to death, but it's about the games. You wanna see hot chicks, get the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition DVD :p

This isn't a big deal to me. What do you guys think?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Just go to a kamasutra event if you want to see babes n stuff, E3 is for games. At least the gaming magazines now might spend more attention to the games instead of turning into a playboy-lite during that event.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I tend to agree there are better places in the world to look for underdressed women if that's your fancy. Although I'm finding the timing of the changes somewhat suspect, they're long overdue, since E3 is no longer just for the hardcore geeks who never go outside. :p

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Scantly dressed women can never ever go wrong, especially not if they're licking each other. On the other hand I might acctually look at some games at E3 if they aren't there so I guess both are good :D

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Personally the booth babes make E3 seem kind of cheap, I mean I love em to death, but it's about the games.
Ok, ok, the answer lies in here. Are you sure you haven't checked this site?

http://www.geekfantasies.com/

Razor Blade said:
You wanna see hot chicks, get the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition DVD :p
Is there an edition with Dvd?

All these years without knowing....

Kazuya runs to get one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have never been to an E3 and doubt I ever will. I don't really care if they are allowed to show skin or whatever or not. The only thing that I wonder is "why not"? Granted its supposed to be about games, but whats wrong with a bit extra? You have to be 18+ to get in anyway, and the event is held on private property (presumably), so there can't be any legal issues. And lets face facts, the majority of the attendants are going to be young male gamers, and I doubt any of them have a problem with whats on show.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
hooloovoo said:
I have never been to an E3 and doubt I ever will. I don't really care if they are allowed to show skin or whatever or not. The only thing that I wonder is "why not"? Granted its supposed to be about games, but whats wrong with a bit extra? You have to be 18+ to get in anyway, and the event is held on private property (presumably), so there can't be any legal issues. And lets face facts, the majority of the attendants are going to be young male gamers, and I doubt any of them have a problem with whats on show.
I think they are just preventing another Janet accident or some type of other controversey so mothers can blame the games;

E3 has to do with games, there are sexy booth babes at E3, kids play games, E3=Bad Influence on youngins, TEH EVIL!!1!1!1 [How a mothers mind works]

Nice site Kazuya :p Okay is it just me or are those girls dumb? :p I think a smart hot chick is a hell of a lot sexier than a dumb one. :D

Ya there is a Sports Iluustrated Swinsuit DVD ;) In fact that was one of my stocking stuffers from a friend this year. 2 for $5.00 CAD at Wal mart! I already watched them on TV, but have no objections to watching them again :drool:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
What? No reference to Rez on the geek fantasies website? :p

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Razor Blade said:
I think a smart hot chick is a hell of a lot sexier than a dumb one. :D
I used to go out with a girl who studied Molecular Biology AND liked RPGs. Man, in retrospect why the hell did I ever leave that place?

As for the subject, E3 seems to be following the general trend of videogames. (As in: NES Era - Childhood. Snes Era - Young Teens. PSX Era - Teenage. PS2 Era - Young Adult. PS3 Era- Adult.) Booth babes are going out as the industry tries to make itself look "more presentable." Lol, either that or they're scared of provolking more outrage from the Ann Coulters of the world.

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
I don't see why they use booth babes to attract attention if that's what they want.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Solid_Snake said:
I don't see why they use booth babes to attract attention if that's what they want.
As I pointed out in my former post, they use "Booth Babes" to appeal to the demographic of young adults and teenagers. It's all in the demographics. If some EA marketer reads that in the Q&A they want T&A, what's he gonna do?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
hooloovoo said:
From what I've read elsewhere, the change was mostly made to appeal to the female demographic. Refer to the marketing scheme blog http://www.fragdolls.com/us/blog.php?doll=rhoulette (January 23 entry) to see what I mean. Though I've never seen any evidence of this 43% female gamer population, it'd make sense not to go with something that would alienate them. The "Janet incident" as well as the "hot coffee" incident are two more scandalous reasons why this particular change happened, though I doubt you'll ever hear them say as much.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
while i'll never go to one of these events myself, i think this is probably a good idea seeing as how there is (where are you?) a female gaming audience. out of respect to them, the removal of half naked chicks is probably a good move. i know i wouldn't want to see half naked guys running around.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
they probably count the girls who play those default windows games and yahoo games as gamers...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.