Next Generation Emulation banner

Which is the winner at E3

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
At the time I'm writing this there is 88,89% votes for PS3 :), I fully second that! Although Xbox360 has DOA4 with outstanding graphics all the good developers (e.g. Capcom, Rockstar) will support Sony (well at least that's what I think).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Bispoo said:
killzone 2 was fake... gezz how many times i need to say that... it was a damm video. sony showed cg's, microsoft showed real gameplay... now that's a big difference. the sony fanboys are loving it tough... microsoft already said that all games that were showed, are using the alpha dev kits, 2 cpu's at 2.4 and a ati x800... the final hardware is gonna be a lot better. now, how is that? i hope ps3 is as good, because we all win. i only want better games. if it is on the ps3 then be it. i don't care. i only want better games. if it turns out to be the xbox 360. then u guys just have to admit it as well. well see. :D
lol, it's the other way around. Sony showed real gameplay; it was all running from the PS3 they had on the stage. Whereas, X-Box 360 doesn't actually have any games at the minute. They said it's all art concept. Meaning.. that's how they want it to look when it's finished.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
26,774 Posts
Take for example the DoA4 video. Yes it was nice to see DoA2U in higher res with FSAA and occasional bump mapping, but it wasn't jaw dropping, and about half taht vide was FMV.
Sony said that basicaly all the stuff they showed was done realtime in renderware on the PS3
 

· Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Kenichi said:
lol, it's the other way around. Sony showed real gameplay; it was all running from the PS3 they had on the stage. Whereas, X-Box 360 doesn't actually have any games at the minute. They said it's all art concept. Meaning.. that's how they want it to look when it's finished.
Wtf are you talking about? There is no question that Killzone 2 was not running on actual PS3 hardware or in realtime. The final RSX chip isn't even done yet so how could it be? What they said about their presentation running real time on the PS3 didn't neccessarily mean the graphics were being rendered in real time. It just meant the content was being played back on the PS3. In fact, it's likely that all the non-interactive demonstration movies were prerendered. Whether the PS3 would actually able to render them in real time, is anyone's guess. And let me remind you that no company was showing any playable next-gen games at this point. Not MS, not Sony, and Nintendo didn't even show any tech demos (or much of anything exept what the Revolution would look like.) In other words, regardless of how convincing Sony's presentation was, it remains to be seen exactly how far removed the PS3 is from the competition in terms of actually in-game performance.

Kane said:
Take for example the DoA4 video. Yes it was nice to see DoA2U in higher res with FSAA and occasional bump mapping, but it wasn't jaw dropping, and about half taht vide was FMV.
According to what the game's creator said in this interview, the game is only 15% complete at this point. It's also running on the Alpha 360 dev hardware. I'm sure we'll see improvements in the final version. Also, given the game's artistic style you're not going to end up with photorealism no matter what.
 

· NextGenerationGaymulation
Joined
·
2,934 Posts
MS just had yet another reason NOT to get a xbox 360 :D xbox games will only be backwards compatible if they're recompiled and re-released for the xbox 360, WTF? that sucks, and here sony did make sure to be backwards compatible all the way back to PS one!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
__Xzyx987X said:
Wtf are you talking about? There is no question that Killzone 2 was not running on actual PS3 hardware or in realtime. The final RSX chip isn't even done yet so how could it be? What they said about their presentation running real time on the PS3 didn't neccessarily mean the graphics were being rendered in real time. It just meant the content was being played back on the PS3. In fact, it's likely that all the non-interactive demonstration movies were prerendered. Whether the PS3 would actually able to render them in real time, is anyone's guess.

The development kits are just underpowered versions of the final system right now. The unreal demo was produced in real time at the show (he used the controller to movie the camera around)

Several videos are produced on the development kits...
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
26,774 Posts
>According to what the game's creator said in this interview, the game is only 15% complete at this point. It's also running on the Alpha 360 dev hardware. I'm sure we'll see improvements in the final version. Also, given the game's artistic style you're not going to end up with photorealism no matter what.

And yet, it's to be a release title. The PS3 is further away, and hte trailers shown ar far more impressive. And yes, I am aware of the photorealism issue, but there many other improvements they could have done to make it look spoogetastic.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
ChankastRules said:
MS just had yet another reason NOT to get a xbox 360 :D xbox games will only be backwards compatible if they're recompiled and re-released for the xbox 360, WTF? that sucks, and here sony did make sure to be backwards compatible all the way back to PS one!
From what MS has said it sounds to me like they may be planning on using emulation for backwards compatibility. If that were the case it would explain why they are not gurenteing all games will work. It would also explain their aquisition of Virtual PC from a while ago which emulates the PC on A Mac (x86 on a PowerPC).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,794 Posts
D.D. said:
hmm...i think the thing is, Square has agreed to develop for gamecube as well. what FF game did that get? FF:Chronicles, which isnt considered a "real" FF game. Many ppl are thinking the same thing will happen with [email protected]#[email protected]~, since the only game promised right now i think is FFXI, which isnt really "the next Final Fantasy". At least with the PS3, FF fans will have a guarantee for one or more true successors to the FF Series.

i also dont get where ppl are being misguided either...square clearly said that they have no plans of making a remake. i think its the same with what they did for ps2, where they said "look at this demo (FFVIII) being rendered in realtime....it'll only get better". at least no one who has posted in this thread so far has been deceived.
I wasn't talking specifically about this thread. I have seen it in other threads on this and other forums. People are stupid and will believe whatever they want to believe, I guess.

Also, the first Square title we'll see on the 360 is Final Fantasy XI, which is indeed a true FF title, considering it's within the main numerical releases.
 

· Ride the Darkness
Joined
·
337 Posts
I would have to say Sony and Nintendo caught my eye. Ms did fine but Sony is showing more promise and nintendo has finally decided to make use of its huge game library (NES to date). This definitely makes Nintendo a solid choice.
 

· band
Joined
·
5,270 Posts
I wasn't talking specifically about this thread. I have seen it in other threads on this and other forums. People are stupid and will believe whatever they want to believe, I guess.
ah, ic. well i guess theres always ppl that believe in what companies say and other ppl that dont. nowadays, none of these companies really keep their word anyway so anything can happen. for all we know, xbox360 mite actually get more than 1 FF title, Halo3 mite go to ps3, and FFVII could see a remake...

as for FFXI being a true Final Fantasy title, i wud say technically speaking i have no problem agreeing with u there. but i believe gamers also look at something called gameplay (i think thats what its called) when talking about games....hmmm.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
D.D. said:
ah, ic. well i guess theres always ppl that believe in what companies say and other ppl that dont. nowadays, none of these companies really keep their word anyway so anything can happen. for all we know, xbox360 mite actually get more than 1 FF title, Halo3 mite go to ps3, and FFVII could see a remake...

as for FFXI being a true Final Fantasy title, i wud say technically speaking i have no problem agreeing with u there. but i believe gamers also look at something called gameplay (i think thats what its called) when talking about games....hmmm.
Umm, M$oft owns Bungie, so Halo 3 won't go to the ps3.
 

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
Joined
·
9,456 Posts
xRockx said:
I would have to say Sony and Nintendo caught my eye. Ms did fine but Sony is showing more promise and nintendo has finally decided to make use of its huge game library (NES to date). This definitely makes Nintendo a solid choice.
I don't see how it's a solid choice. If I want to play NES/SNES/N64 games I would buy a NES ( already have one )/SNES/N64 or heck play them on an emulator. It's not a solid choice at all, it's another step in their "milking out games/products till the very last penny" policy. Many NES/SNES games were already ported to the GBA , N64 games are being ported to the DS and now the revolution.....so uhm, am I supposed to be excited ? - because I am not thrilled at all. And ofcourse, we can expect the same old from Nintendo - a bunch of mario, metroid, zelda, SSB, and pokemon games appearing on their consoles....AGAIN.

The only positive thing about this step is that they -finally- realised how backward compability is important. One would wonder if Revolution will be able to play games by 3rd devs party though, as those games is what made Nintendo's consoles worth buying in the past IMO.

Yours,
-Elly
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
26,774 Posts
Can I ask you: A company continualy rehashes and rereleases old products rather than releasing new ones. Is this company a forward thinking company on the rise, or a dying company clutching at straws?
It's my opinion that while the occasional remake is nice and backwards compatibility is a good feature, basing virtualy your entire product range on old products is not.
 

· Retired
Joined
·
8,889 Posts
Oh no, I'm agreeing with Elly :p

Anyway, he's right. Nintendo is just trying to make money without effort, bringing up their old titles and charging for them. Oh, what a great concept. Re-releasing stuff is their constant policy.

We're talking about next-gen games, and Nintendo comes around saying that it'll release NES games for the Nintendo Revolution... They should move on, instead of keeping looking back; it shows lack of creativity (or funding, or respect for their consumers). You can't dwell on the past forever (nor releasing the same old titles with a new case forever).
 

· Crasher of Castles
Joined
·
7,020 Posts
Boltzmann said:
Oh no, I'm agreeing with Elly :p

Anyway, he's right. Nintendo is just trying to make money without effort, bringing up their old titles and charging for them. Oh, what a great concept. Re-releasing stuff is their constant policy.

We're talking about next-gen games, and Nintendo comes around saying that it'll release NES games for the Nintendo Revolution... They should move on, instead of keeping looking back; it shows lack of creativity (or funding, or respect for their consumers). You can't dwell on the past forever (nor releasing the same old titles with a new case forever).
Well reverse compatability is a great feature to have, especially going back that far away, but paying for them again if you already have them is pretty dumb. And while nintendo has had the same major franchises for 20 some-odd years and if they are still making money off of them, why not?

I personally loved the new metroid and mario games. Zelda will be one of the first games i pay $50 for in a loooong time. And nintendo has some innovative ideas with the Jungle Beat Bongos and the GBA Link cables that make gaming on their consoles a little less redundant.

I haven't really seen anything on the revolution and as of now im very impressed with the PS3 (graphics wise, not too much in the games, but havent seen many for X360 or any for Revolution), i am always in the mood to see what nintendo releases next, whether im extremely familiar with the franchise or not. As always, this is a matter of preference, not good or bad. I'm sure each console will come out with something to appeal to different crowds as always, and there will always be arguements on which is truly "better", but i will probably give all of them a chance to impress me before truly arguing against any of the next-gen consoles, graphics engines aren't a deciding factor, for me its price, games, and most of all, fun (enless that fun costs me half a grand *cough* PS3 *cough* No Offense :D).
 
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top