Next Generation Emulation banner

Which is the winner at E3

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opinions on the new stuff...(to see trailers of these consoles got to gametrailers.com)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It's a bit early, but judging by the trailers of games coming up for the respective systems, I'd have to say that the ps3 games seem much more appealing. Sure DOA4 looks good, but nowhere as good as Killzone 2.

But like I said, we need to wait to see what happens.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I second The Captain's opinion. The PS3 looks a lot more promising.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
ps3 won the first strike as far as "wowing" the public goes.
But, like boltz and the cap'n say.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I'm of the sam opinion. The PS3 trailers made me wanna buy a PS3 now. I can't remember anything XBox other than DoA4.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Same here....

kinda boring topic with no discussion :p

Still I'll wait till I see the PS3 go retail and how it will perform. The hype is doing it's thing, that's for sure.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
Kane said:
I'm of the sam opinion. The PS3 trailers made me wanna buy a PS3 now. I can't remember anything XBox other than DoA4.
Well, I liked the (way too small) PGR3 trailer a lot, allthough as far as racers go the trailer totally owning the bunch (lots of racers, I noted. nothing to complain about ;) ) was the dirt racing one on ps3. And probably the weakest was GT5. Very dissapointing compared to the rest.

Also, is it me or are the most gorgeous looking demo's NOT coming from Japan, for a change?

note that I also think I'll have to withdraw some of my earlier statements about not much difference between the current generation. ;) ..especially those ps3 trailers are succesfully trying to prove me wrong there ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>Also, is it me or are the most gorgeous looking demo's NOT coming from Japan, for a change?

Hello? FFVII Tech demo? Gundam? Ni-Oh?
As for GT, take another look at the trailer... It is still very impressive

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
yes PS3, PS3 all the way. KillerZone 2 & Gundam trailers alone sold me *_*

Yours,
-Elly

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
Kane said:
>Also, is it me or are the most gorgeous looking demo's NOT coming from Japan, for a change?

Hello? FFVII Tech demo? Gundam? Ni-Oh?
As for GT, take another look at the trailer... It is still very impressive
the FFVII one was not the most impressive I've seen (not that that means bad). Gundam was though. hm..
well, maybe it WAS just me. ;)

Sure, GT is I guess, nice, but compared to all the other graphical violence .. ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ps3 for me too,that ff7 tech demo made me drool.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Jordi_Overlord said:
The choose is very easy, I will buy the one with the next Final Fantasy.
There will be Final Fantasy on the XBox 360. Square-Enix has agreed to develop for it. So, your comment doesn't really make sense.

What I don't understand is where people are getting this misguided conception that the FFVII tech demo means there will be a FFVII remake on the PS3. That's not going to happen. They're just using the familiarity and adoration of the title to win over consumers.

·
Registered
833 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
There will be Final Fantasy on the XBox 360. Square-Enix has agreed to develop for it. So, your comment doesn't really make sense.

What I don't understand is where people are getting this misguided conception that the FFVII tech demo means there will be a FFVII remake on the PS3. That's not going to happen. They're just using the familiarity and adoration of the title to win over consumers.

Then i guess theyy didwhat they were trying to do. That tech demo won me over.
But i aint gonna buy a ps3 for 6 months to year after the release. I figure better games will come after the release. Plus it gives me more time to save up.

·
band
4,912 Posts
hmm...i think the thing is, Square has agreed to develop for gamecube as well. what FF game did that get? FF:Chronicles, which isnt considered a "real" FF game. Many ppl are thinking the same thing will happen with [email protected]#[email protected]~, since the only game promised right now i think is FFXI, which isnt really "the next Final Fantasy". At least with the PS3, FF fans will have a guarantee for one or more true successors to the FF Series.

i also dont get where ppl are being misguided either...square clearly said that they have no plans of making a remake. i think its the same with what they did for ps2, where they said "look at this demo (FFVIII) being rendered in realtime....it'll only get better". at least no one who has posted in this thread so far has been deceived.

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I never believed that they would remake it, but I do have false hope for it...heh, I would love it...and if they were to remake it, I think now would be the time, but yeah...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts