Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which do you guys think is better? I've used Kazaa lite k++ for quite a while now with little to no problems, but it seems I'm getting less and less files that I search for. Now with E-mule I find almost all of them with NO problem what-so-ever. The only problem with e-mule is so far out of the 7 files I've chosen for d/l only ONE of them is d/ling. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this just one of the "flaws" of e-mule?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm using emule now and I'm getting used to it. It's not always super fast, but averagely I download with 22kb/s, because I download a lot of files at the same time.

I've used torrent as well, but it was very slow most of the time.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
My opinions on various P2P proggies I've used:
Kazaa:
Good
  • Fast
Bad
  • Not certain what you are downloading is what it says it is
  • Virii
  • Spyware
  • Poor search facility (by comparison]
Gnutella
Good...... dunno
Bad
  • Sucky search speed
  • Crap search results
  • Poor downlaod speeds
  • Bandwidth hog
eMule
Good
  • Massive amount of files avaliable
  • Numerous sites with links to get stuff in eMule
  • Fast, once momentum gets goin
Bad
  • Initialy slow
  • Slow with small amounts of files
  • Kademilla eats b/w (can be disabled tho)
Bittorrent
Good
  • Fast
  • Fast
  • Did I mention it was fast?
  • Plenty of sites to find links from
Bad
  • No search
  • Downloads will only be active for a few weeks.
Basicaly I rely on a combination of eMule and BT. BT for new files and eMule for older files without a torrent.
eMule is slow initialy, but does tend to speed up. I'd suggest leaving up and download limits on 0, as eMule now has a built in upload/download speed detection system, and the more you upload, the faster your d/lds. It's also best to leave as many files as possible unpaused to get a better total speed.
The problem may be however that the sources for file2 have been taken up by file1 and won't be released till file1's completion.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
For your solution to the spyware in Kazaa: There is KLite++ .... But is this still legal, or has that version become illegal?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I agree with Kane-Sama's conclusions. Currently I'm using a combination of eMule and BT for the best results.

Though I do use Kazaa occasionally to download music. It's very fast :)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
I like kane's assessment...

well I use Kazaa... Torrent is good but BAD for dial up users... especially when its a big file (I didn't finish my mangas donwload because of that :()

·
~Dgurion~
43 Posts
I like bittorrent A LOT, but as has been stated you can only get new and semi-new files on there.

I use Kazaa mainly to download music, and eMule for the rest.. but I can usually get almost everything from bittorrent, so its not very often that I have to resort to eMule....

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
For your solution to the spyware in Kazaa: There is KLite++ .... But is this still legal, or has that version become illegal?
There is legal version of KaZaa lite now. At first KaZaa lite was said to be illegal cuz it had original, modified KaZaa.exe file included. Now there is system-files-only pack in share that rips KaZaa.exe from real KaZaa's installation file. That is perfectly legal, thought install is real pain in the ass...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I can get ppl here a link to Klite++ 2.43 so they don't have any spyware with there kazaa.... Asking permission here ;)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well I think the old versions are still ok... and without spywares too...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Valcrist said:
So which do you guys think is better? I've used Kazaa lite k++ for quite a while now with little to no problems, but it seems I'm getting less and less files that I search for. Now with E-mule I find almost all of them with NO problem what-so-ever. The only problem with e-mule is so far out of the 7 files I've chosen for d/l only ONE of them is d/ling. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this just one of the "flaws" of e-mule?
Kazaa lite k++ <- for small files
eMule <- for big files
Torrent <- hmmm... sometimes :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I can basically find anything on eMule but good luck completing the file if it's rare or doesn't have many sources. Maybe I'm naive but I trust the files on eMule more than virus-prone Kazaa. On the other hand, I still use Kazaa for most of my music d/l.

Bit Torrent is the bomb. Too bad I only know a few sites with BT links.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
bit torrent without question.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My assessments:

Kazaa:
Good
* MP3's if you know how to search
* dial-up users (low quality movies, game RIP's, etc

Bad
* Corruption
* Virii/trojans
* RIAA/MPAA honey pot
* hashing system

eMule:
Good
* hashing system
* corruption handling
* credit system
* good database
* old/rare files are plenty

Bad
* slow until you build up your credit file
* single MP3's aren't a good choice to download on eMule

BT
Good
* very fast
* very nice for new files
* easy to use

Bad
* you can see the IP's of the people you are connected too
* files don't last long
* single MP3's a no-no

IRC
Good
* fast if you know what you're doing
* one of the first to get files
* you can chat while you download

Bad
* rarely do you see old files
* impatient people won't like the queue system

In my opinion if you are going to use P2P you are going to want to use all of them. They all have there advantages (except FT :p) and disadvantages. I myself use BT for new stuff and eMule for what I can't find on BT. I'll use IRC rarely and never ever use FT.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
damn... as for me... I'm usually looking for some files that are realy rare and ... can't find them anywhere :p :smash:

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
i use k++ emule and bt in combination, what i get with them differs on how fast they work and what you can find

i still consider bt a god-send :p

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
I like BT the most since that is where I usually get my mangas :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts