Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone may be able to help me. I am trying to load NEO GEO games that I got in Thailand I got as far as the picture in Bubsy's post. If you go SEARCH: NEOGEO, it will take you to a set of threads one which was started by Neojag. "Question on NEO RAGE X" I can get to the picture on Bubsy's post. The disk I have evidently has the emulator already packaged on it. I just dont know how to start the games. I got winzip and it unzips 126 files but leaves me at this page where I have options to 1) run emulator neo geo 2) run bonus 3) auto run neo geo.

I hit #1 and it opens up files to unzip where I get to that same point of unzipping 126 files and going back to the screen I just came from. #2 is just the bonus games, not too concerned there. #3 is the auto run which just takes me to the file again where the different rom files pop up on f:/ (my cd rom drive) and lists the folders. I get to that screen that Bubsy has on his post in that thread but cannot or dont know how to proceed. It wont let me select a game from the upper left hand corner and the Joystick option stays dark grey in the middle window meaning for some reason it is not recognizing the playstation joystick. Remember I am on windows ME so maybe I need a nother kind of joystick driver or emulator. It is a controller for the playstation 1 which has the traditional playstation male port but also an adapter of some kind which has a peripheral(?) male hookup which fits right into the back of my CPU. It is the software that I cannot get right and windows ME is hurting me a little because everyone in Thailand and they assume around the world is using Windows 98 which is where this bleem thing he gave me along with the playstation 1 controller comes in... HELP!!!

PS Bleem! does NOT work on MY windows ME. maybe on yours but definitely not on mine...

[email protected]

MYKAL

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
I'd just go and download mame,get a front end for it (youll find info about this on the mame page) http://www.mame.net/
Now goto http://www.mame.dk/ and get the neogeo rom u need to run neo geo games.
Configure the emu/front end (joysticks/rom path etc) and put your roms (zipped) into the roms directory and run mame and choose your game...
Easy as............
Im not really familiar with bleem but my understanding is you need the key cd to get the emu to run..
As for your joystick,if u cant set it up then sorry but maybe u could get a friend who knows something about computers to set it up for u...its not that hard and I doubt you having win me has anything to do with it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply... I do need a cd key to run bleem! I don't know why he included it in the joystick package. A playstation controller with a peripheral (or serial don't know which but it fits :) port male end fits fine into back of CPU so if I don't need any software I dont know why neo geo wont light up controller options on that window I described in my last post. My biggest problem is getting the games to light up so I can PLAY them. However, I will go and download those things. I may ask you addl questions because I AM SUCH A NEWBIE at this. Thanks again ONE

Mykal

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Does your controller show up in control panel/joysticks?
If so then theres summat wrong with the emu u trying to use.
If not then choose add new joystick and point it to the .inf file on the driverdisk u got with the controller port thing and install it.
JAZ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is part of the problem ONE. The disk (floppy) that came with the controller is BLEEM! It always comes up needing windows 98 and I have windows me. So that floppy is useless. I have no joystick option anywhere on the computer either in windows or when I try to run the NEO GEO rom or anywhere. The NEO GEO rom has an emulator on it but I am not doing something right somehwere. If you go to that guys post under Search: NEO GEO then it is the second thread halfway down started by NEOJAG. The screen is under a reply from this guy named Bubsy. I can get to that screen but none of the games are lit up to the left and neither is the controller option or joystick option in the middle. Will your earlier instructions work considering the new info I have posted?

Mykal

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'II help you

:D I'II help u with the problem your having, later today

Sorry but I'm in my graphic art class right now:eyes:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Alright guy I'm here, sorry for the wait.

Now lets begin like this, first of all you got the neogeo games and the neoragex from thailand right. Well I have to tell you a few things, either it's a hacked vers. of neoragex, or an asian vers. which might not work on your windows, or it's missing a zlib.dll file.

But don't worry we could resolve these problems;) .
First we should get the neoragex 0.6b, and that is here;
www.neoragex.com
Second you will need these files as well, u can get them at www.neoragex.com also:
-neo-geo.rom
-ng-sfix.rom
-ng-lo.rom
-ng-sm1.rom

Now for the joystick problem that you had, well get a microsoft sidewinder which they go for around $15 to $20 dollars, it's not that bad.

P.S. Don't worry the neoragex works on "windows me", I've checked it on my laptop:D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Alright now lets get to the second part;

This is how the neoragex menu should look like on your computer.
Where on the left are the games that you have (in which the games should be white ); that means that you have the game.
As you can see I've selected Art of Fighting 3, which is in yellow.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Alright now to the troubleshooting part;

If your games on the left side of the menu are gray that means that you either don't have the rom (check your games in your Rom folder, if they're zip formatted, or there), or you either have to name the directory to where the rom folder is located.
Do this by going to the directories section in the neoragex menu.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Don't forget that the import button is also good for adding new games to your list as well.
(example: The King of Fighters'99, Mark of the Wolves, Captain Tomaday, Master Of Syougi,and Pleasure Goal)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I hope my posts will help you resolve your problems.
But believe me you'll enjoy the neorage than the mame emu;)
enjoy mite.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks!!!

Thanks. I am going to try that tonight!!! That was excellent Bubsy!

Yes the games are grey and won't allow me to import. The first disk Neo Geo 1 may be defective but I got them both plus the playstation controller for a grand total of US $11.53. I just hoped some of it would work which is the case. The suggestion about the sidewinder, does that mean that the playstation controller is useless? It has an adapter for a perfect fit in one of the ports in the cpu. Are you saying the playstation controller needs bleem and with windows ME it just wont work? I am trying to learn a little too. I will try tonight.

Mykal

1 - 20 of 24 Posts