Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
Well.IIRC you are portinc Cxbx to delphi?
What is the purpose of this port? What will it brings to the emu?
His Site said:
Why convert the c++ code to Delphi ?
The answer is very simple...
I don't know c++ as well as Delphi, and there are lots of students who start programming during school, and the starting programming lessons are mostly Delphi.
So there are lots of people who can read / write and develop Delphi code..

For me personally its more something like a learning course.. to convert c++ code back to Delphi, and to upgrade my Delphi skills.
in all honesty, thats a lost cause straight away, how on earth are you going to translate the the code when you dont know C/C++? thats like me converting japanese to english without much knowledge of japanese, its either gonna come out like bablefish or not at all.... and unlike humans, PC's cant understand and "work out" engrish :p

but personally i think your time would be better spent learning C/C++ then ammending to the existing emulator than converting it all

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xbox emulation can be done in c++ and also in delphi no doubt about that.
About not nowing c++ at all... nope i can read it.. know the syntax but i`m now good enoufg to write it... not yet.

second its a personal thingy.. wanne write so i`m doing it...
its only because some of you asked me to place it on the web.
this was not the idea.. but i`m doing it and going straight for it.

Doing nothing is not a option.... better do something in the hope there willl be something or others to help then sitting here doing nothing :)

ok thats for now...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Memmory managment is not a problem...

there is only one magic rule... you free what you create.
some of you are yust think of memmory is something they memorry mapping will fix... so the trashcan will destroy my leeking objects..

ok memmory managment for sleeping programmers is not a option within delphi.
but why would that be a problem... you free what you create and thats always working.

People who say... thats dull with .net and Java we have good memmory managment and the trashcan will be cleanup for us.. lol

Also threads are no problem for delphi..

I`m using delphi 7 professional.. so debugging is also not a problem.. its even more easier to debug then vc6.0.. worked with eclipse for making jsp and servlets.. always prefere delphi.
However the new Visual Studio 2005 is also amezing... ;) but what the hack lead programmer moved from borland to Microsoft..

Codegear has launched delphi 2007 for win32 ... but i have not tested it yet.

·
Veni, vidi, vici!
312 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the openxdk is a part that cxbx using for the kernal and translation ...
the only problem is that the openxdk is also used for Lunix Xbox development..

but because cxbx is stopped durin the development of the openxdk you need to use the openxdk that is in the download packacke of cxbx from caustik`s website. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts