Next Generation Emulation banner

Dxbx status report

23K views 61 replies 16 participants last post by  AndreaB 
#1 ·
Dxbx is getting better and better almost every day.

Some of you already know that turok can show intro movies and stuff.
But the even more bigger news is that patrick made MAYOR progress on the dxbx.dll

There are still lots of things that need to be fixed before the new update of dxbx can be made... it will be then version 0.0.0.8

But we are close to make that new version.

#27 ·
thanks bobbi for this new section, this will help to keep the other sections clean.

Dante, you can already help with insert all the games into the xdktracker.
if you wanne have a tutorial or readme how you can do that let me know.

with a bigger xdk list we know wich games comes close to the xdk version of turok.

#31 · (Edited)
if you wanne play turok then you need cxbx.

dxbx is not able to play turok yet, even with use of the cxbxkrnl.dll is it not playable.
we can show the intro movie, but the controller input is not translated yet.

greetings,

Shadow_tj

rockybalboa sory for that late response.

xdktracker is a litle application database... that can be used to store games with there used xdk ( Xbox Development Kit ) number.

Each original game has been compiled with a version of xdk libraries.
How more librarie numbers we know the better.

also we can then take a look wich games are close to those from turok.

#32 ·
thanks shadow_tj, ok here are many controller input autors, why not to ask for help to these authors, there not a association with cxbx team and all xbox emulators??seem me well that make a good association to do a best xbox emulator in less time, please consider this, a xbox emulator is really amazing and important

#34 ·
rockybalboa, Dxbx is a delphi project.
most emulator programmers are know with c or c++ and not delphi.

Im working a bit now also on the directinput functions, however its not that easy.
Doing now lots of Direct3D translations to reduce hints and warning messages.

The Hints and warnings need to be gone, so patrick has less trouble with coding on the XApi calls.

Im trying to do some translations almost every evening.. and its going very well.
But when i got the directx input working.. i can not tell yet.

#35 ·
shadow_tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I am no expert or professional but directx is important when you are coding it into an emulator, game, or an application it is the main graphics for those subjects I just mentioned I know graphics and gameplay is most aspect of the emulator but if you don't have opengl or directx then where do the graphics come from absolutely nowhere are you going to choose directx or opengl for your emulator coding is somewhat of the project but most of it goes into graphics that is the main concern right now without graphics then you would have a blank screen as the emulator and that would really suck noone would want to play the emulator without directx or opengl sorry for wasting your time but I know your group is working hard on the xbox emulator I just thought I would share this with you keep up the great work!

#36 ·
hi again, i have tried with demon stone in dxbx, first: i extract only the xbe file into of 1 folder,,and just i play star emulation, when xbe conversion to .exe is right send me a error: dxbxkrnl.dll can´t be found, what happen with this?, can someone tell me how can i see xbox iso game routes jut like ps2dis does it for ps2 iso gameS? can i to make patches for actual dxbx?i have tested: mercenaries, and others games and nothing happens..
Besides the fact that hes using a translator to post and hes probably a botter.
Why was he banned? :D

#37 ·
Frog, we are using directx version 8.
With that library yah can do Sound / Graphics / Input and even netwerk when the games are playable.

Only my knowladge about directx is not high quality. so i need to learn / read alot on that part..
OpenGl is not a option yet.. because most functions that speeds up directx programming are not commen to Standard OpenGl.

XBlade.. I dont know why he is banned... we have only writing rights... we can not ban people.. that you need to ask a admin of the ngemu forum.

#38 ·
hi to everyone, question: get many xbox games is a good option trusting in dxbx emulation for to play in this??The bios is well within the dxbx is right the conversions to x86-win32??why the games not run anything in the lastest versions?i have read here about xbox skip videos is this possible?i have: lord of the rings, rpm tunnming, goldeneye, star wars republic... and more xbox games

#42 · (Edited)
NexXxus vista x64 is not supported... when this will work i dont know.

However... im testing dxbx on a extra pc.. but im installing a extra xp installation, and thats running on Virtual PC..

Not tested that for 100% but that would be also a option for you..
im doing this because im working also on Vista X64 Ultimate edition

Rocky, we are more interested in the full game xdk list.
so if you can place them into the xdktracker and post the export to me..

demo cd`s we are not interested in... not everyone has the demo cd`s and they are hard to get.
Full cd`s are better because everyone can get the originals

#43 ·
shadow_tj, i have a problem with xdk tracker, this says: open xml file or something like that, but with the xiso i can only to ectract the xbe file, game folder, and movies folder, ,how to use right the xdk tracker with originals games?...i have reading about xbox emulation, xeon supposedly play halo, there are a xeon open source for makes changes in your dxbx projectx for adds this game?and xenoborg is other but i can´t to download this emu where is?

#44 ·
@NexXxus, don't expect support for any 64-bit OS. Unless someone finds an alternative to the current LDT entry method that is.

rockybalboa said:
and xenoborg is other but i can´t to download this emu where is?
It's not released yet. Betas are kept private.

#46 ·
Rocky, what exact error you get.

Open Dxbx and open a game.
dump xbe info to xdktracker, xdktracker will open .. thats it.
there is also a option to export the xml list.

Xeon is not open source... so we can use nothing from it.

i yah still get problems with xdktracker... write the steps down in a text file what you are doing. and make it a attachment in a forum post.

#47 · (Edited)
shadow_tj here is the file dumped of lord of the rings(original complete game)..but only i can dump, xdx tracker send this error: no active document..now i go to dump with king arthur(complete game):thumb:

ok i have king arthur in attachement files too, but i had that rename this to .txt, well, you can do it with lord of rings file too, mm every game when i run in dxbx only says that: dxbxkrnl.dll can´t be found...:???:..why happen that? dxbx only need the .xbe file for run games??

#48 ·
rocky... if you using version 0.0.0.7 then read also other messages in this forum.
0.0.0.7 is missing these dll`s ... and you need them.

0.0.0.8 version that is in the svn has these dll`s, only you need to copy them into the game folder. otherwise nothing is working.
We looking for fixing that.. but its not that easy.

dont forget dxbx.exe is there only for the conversion of xbe to exe.
the dll is the emulator

#49 ·
Shadow_Tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I was wondering if you code all of the dll and the other stuff will we be able to play games and demos with it after the next release please don't ban me from this forum I just wanted to know also is it easy or hard to code this emulator you are working on I am a beginner so I am no programmer like what you guys are working on I wish I could code something but I can only take things apart and put them back together I know you guys have a long way to go so I will not bother you again thanks for replying back to me I appreciate that well I will talk with you later on see ya later!

#50 ·
hi frog,

The team is working on translating all, dll and main application.
Patrick is working on the XApi calls and stuff... yah can see that as the brain off the emu.

However, without some graphics and stuff and input the brain can work. but there is nothing to see except some log lines.

So to be short. Playing games and stuff is a Long way to go ...
so it will not be done by next release.

#51 ·
shadow_tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I just wanted to tell you that's okay that the emulator will not be able to play games just yet I am not worried at all what you guys are doing is awesome or cool by the way I am fooling around with the cxbx source code right now I am just doing some editing stuff to it when I put xbe to iso this is what it said error invalid magical number to xbe also can't open xbe or xbe file so I am having fun with the source code right now if anything comes up on my end I will tell you and others about it just remember I am not an expert at this kind of stuff but I will become better later on I guess that is cool that patrick is working on cool stuff too I can't wait until the releases are out I will test them out for you if you want me too I am always around even though I am busy sometimes well I hope your team is successful in doing this emulator well I will talk with you later on see ya later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.