Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
thank you shadows_tj, i am waiting for your release of dxbx upgrade, i wish that could be less of 2 mounths, i am trying with xdxtracker in my games, i have find 1 page that i can to download xbox demo games..i go to test everything..i´m your fan,,my congratulations

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
NexXxus vista x64 is not supported... when this will work i dont know.

However... im testing dxbx on a extra pc.. but im installing a extra xp installation, and thats running on Virtual PC..

Not tested that for 100% but that would be also a option for you..
im doing this because im working also on Vista X64 Ultimate edition

Rocky, we are more interested in the full game xdk list.
so if you can place them into the xdktracker and post the export to me..

demo cd`s we are not interested in... not everyone has the demo cd`s and they are hard to get.
Full cd`s are better because everyone can get the originals

·
Banned
13 Posts
shadow_tj, i have a problem with xdk tracker, this says: open xml file or something like that, but with the xiso i can only to ectract the xbe file, game folder, and movies folder, ,how to use right the xdk tracker with originals games?...i have reading about xbox emulation, xeon supposedly play halo, there are a xeon open source for makes changes in your dxbx projectx for adds this game?and xenoborg is other but i can´t to download this emu where is?

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
@NexXxus, don't expect support for any 64-bit OS. Unless someone finds an alternative to the current LDT entry method that is.

rockybalboa said:
and xenoborg is other but i can´t to download this emu where is?
It's not released yet. Betas are kept private.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Rocky, what exact error you get.

Open Dxbx and open a game.
dump xbe info to xdktracker, xdktracker will open .. thats it.
there is also a option to export the xml list.

Xeon is not open source... so we can use nothing from it.

i yah still get problems with xdktracker... write the steps down in a text file what you are doing. and make it a attachment in a forum post.

·
Banned
13 Posts
shadow_tj here is the file dumped of lord of the rings(original complete game)..but only i can dump, xdx tracker send this error: no active document..now i go to dump with king arthur(complete game):thumb:

ok i have king arthur in attachement files too, but i had that rename this to .txt, well, you can do it with lord of rings file too, mm every game when i run in dxbx only says that: dxbxkrnl.dll can´t be found...:???:..why happen that? dxbx only need the .xbe file for run games??

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
rocky... if you using version 0.0.0.7 then read also other messages in this forum.
0.0.0.7 is missing these dll`s ... and you need them.

0.0.0.8 version that is in the svn has these dll`s, only you need to copy them into the game folder. otherwise nothing is working.
We looking for fixing that.. but its not that easy.

dont forget dxbx.exe is there only for the conversion of xbe to exe.
the dll is the emulator

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shadow_Tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I was wondering if you code all of the dll and the other stuff will we be able to play games and demos with it after the next release please don't ban me from this forum I just wanted to know also is it easy or hard to code this emulator you are working on I am a beginner so I am no programmer like what you guys are working on I wish I could code something but I can only take things apart and put them back together I know you guys have a long way to go so I will not bother you again thanks for replying back to me I appreciate that well I will talk with you later on see ya later!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
hi frog,

The team is working on translating all, dll and main application.
Patrick is working on the XApi calls and stuff... yah can see that as the brain off the emu.

However, without some graphics and stuff and input the brain can work. but there is nothing to see except some log lines.

So to be short. Playing games and stuff is a Long way to go ...
so it will not be done by next release.

·
Registered
137 Posts
shadow_tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I just wanted to tell you that's okay that the emulator will not be able to play games just yet I am not worried at all what you guys are doing is awesome or cool by the way I am fooling around with the cxbx source code right now I am just doing some editing stuff to it when I put xbe to iso this is what it said error invalid magical number to xbe also can't open xbe or xbe file so I am having fun with the source code right now if anything comes up on my end I will tell you and others about it just remember I am not an expert at this kind of stuff but I will become better later on I guess that is cool that patrick is working on cool stuff too I can't wait until the releases are out I will test them out for you if you want me too I am always around even though I am busy sometimes well I hope your team is successful in doing this emulator well I will talk with you later on see ya later!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
its good to hear some people are playing with the sources also.
This is also the way we learned the stuff and see the bigger picture of the emulator.

When the next release is placed we can use every help with testing :)
Only when its beeing released we dont know.. this because we wanne fix more and more
so other people can do stuff with it...
Only looking at log files is not that fun for normal users ;)

When i got some more time, i will look at the Turbo delphi version.
preheps we can use the want scripts to compile with this free version of delphi.
If that is possible ... then its more open for more people.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shadow_Tj
Hi Shadow it's Frog again sorry for bothering you alot but I have been busy too I haven't fooled around with the source code recently but I might do some more of it in the near future as for testing sign me up I am always interested in testing out new emulators and reporting what is going on I am not here to judge and not fun of anyone I am being honest to everyone that I talk too so what have you guys accomplished so far as progress wise? also so you are going to work on it some more this coming weekend or not at all? I am also working on the source code for dolwin, gcube, snes, and genesis I know these are old and low tech but I am interested by the way I was working on dolwin and I changed alot of stuff and it gives me an error it says gekko ooooo on all of the registration or the cpu as it is so that is what I am doing trying to experiment with all of the source codes if anything comes up let me know for sure so other then programming what are you going to do this weekend? I am going to read and watch movies and tv and play xbox 360 as well well I have to go now thanks for listening and your time and patience and I hope you have a great day I will talk with you later on see ya later!

·
Registered
423 Posts
The Xbox kernel can't run natively on a win32 host.

To be able to run a game, the Xbox kernel API's have to behave like they do on the original Xbox, but the actual opcodes should run under win32.

So yeah, the kernel is rewritten. But, as NexXxus already pointed out, it's more like a wrapper, because most kernel API's can be redirected to their win32 equivalent.

Relatively speaking, the kernel is 'easy', because it's a clone of the Windows 2000 kernel - only in some aspects it's been simplified, on other aspects it's been extended. Much is a one-on-one match to the win32 kernel, so that code can be redirected as-is.

The differences however are a whole other thing. But that holds up for the library API's even more - that's where it becomes really hard to provide a good emulation.

Bottom line is : in this regard, Dxbx uses the same approach as Cxbx.

If you want another, read up on Xenoborg (the only Low-Level Emulator project I know of).

41 - 60 of 62 Posts