Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
dxbx is very early on in development and at release, very few games will show anything. If there is any news of games working then I'm sure shadow_tj will make an announcement.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
dentas wich version of dxbx are you using... the installation version or the sourceforge version.

the install version has no dll files..
you need to get the latest version from sourceforge.

·
Banned
92 Posts
well i have dxbx 0.0.07 version, but maybe i can´t compile the sources, because i have only a old visual studio not 2005, and i am downloading sdk tools yet because my internet is very slow, somebody has the last sources compiled? no trick for make and to put pacthes yet¿?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok even with latest dxbx version, you can only show a turok intro movie with help of the cxbx.dll

we are hard working on the dxbx.dll but lots of translations must be done before we can show even the first pixel to the screen.

for compiling dxbx... yah dont have to download Visual Studio 2005. it wil not compile...
D(elphi)Xb(o)x ... so yah need a delphi compiler to compile dxbx.

thats why its called Dxbx, the cxbx delphi port... we are translating the c++ code where cxbx is programmed in... into delphi code.

the 0.0.0.7 release is a very early alpha release.
lots of stuff is missing and or not working.

we are hard working on a 0.0.0.8 release, but with some talking within the dxbx crew. the dissision was not to make the 0.0.0.8 release before more stuff is showing... or until dxbx can do the same stuff as cxbx with use of the cxbx.dll`s

to accomplish that.. we need to have the xbvideo and xbcontroller ported to delphi when we have that.

Even i learn new stuff every day.. and for my feeling its going very good.
For people like you who wanne see progress and screen thingy`s.. its not going sa fast as you like.. but remember its not only openen a paint.exe and drawing some lines ;)

its going good now finally and we can work without beeing stuck for the moment. and that gives me a very good feeling.
the steps with the dll are made.. that was a frusty time.. beeing stuck.. but now we can work with all the free time we got :)

and if you wanne see more progress reports or something..
look into the source forge.. browse the svn... then you can sort the files on date..
then yah can see almost everyday is something commited to the svn with new source code. :)

ok now i will stop this.. and go on with coding.. ;)

·
Banned
92 Posts
ok i go to check the sources, thanks shadow-tj, i consider you my friend, because the people that works in emulation are my friends, i give you spirit to you and all dxbx devs, i need to learn some about delphi compiler and all this, well i gett many xbox games i will to test all in your new possible release version, I test them all, please find a pattern code for games and for to make patches for skip video, note: i can to test more than 30 xbox games and to report all about each games improvement and bugs with pics and videos if you wants, i have all the time..thanks to you

B

·
0 Posts
thx for the support bobbi, a new forum would be wonderfull :)
New forum is there, sorry for the delay, had a kind of busy weekend! I also made a post over at the main page to attract more people here.

If I can help you in any other way, let me know!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks bobbi for this new section, this will help to keep the other sections clean.

Dante, you can already help with insert all the games into the xdktracker.
if you wanne have a tutorial or readme how you can do that let me know.

with a bigger xdk list we know wich games comes close to the xdk version of turok.

·
Banned
13 Posts
hi i´m new in this,never thought existed a xbox emulator, very nice, congatulations, read everything that I could about this, any game apart turok playable in this emulator? what is xdktracker.?excuse me

·
Registered
494 Posts
Turok isn't even playable in this emulator yet (but I have a good feeling shadow and the others will keep chugging out the updates on svn). CXBX can play Turok.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
if you wanne play turok then you need cxbx.

dxbx is not able to play turok yet, even with use of the cxbxkrnl.dll is it not playable.
we can show the intro movie, but the controller input is not translated yet.

greetings,

Shadow_tj

rockybalboa sory for that late response.

xdktracker is a litle application database... that can be used to store games with there used xdk ( Xbox Development Kit ) number.

Each original game has been compiled with a version of xdk libraries.
How more librarie numbers we know the better.

also we can then take a look wich games are close to those from turok.

·
Banned
13 Posts
thanks shadow_tj, ok here are many controller input autors, why not to ask for help to these authors, there not a association with cxbx team and all xbox emulators??seem me well that make a good association to do a best xbox emulator in less time, please consider this, a xbox emulator is really amazing and important

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
rockybalboa, Dxbx is a delphi project.
most emulator programmers are know with c or c++ and not delphi.

Im working a bit now also on the directinput functions, however its not that easy.
Doing now lots of Direct3D translations to reduce hints and warning messages.

The Hints and warnings need to be gone, so patrick has less trouble with coding on the XApi calls.

Im trying to do some translations almost every evening.. and its going very well.
But when i got the directx input working.. i can not tell yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
shadow_tj
Hi shadow it's frog once again I am no expert or professional but directx is important when you are coding it into an emulator, game, or an application it is the main graphics for those subjects I just mentioned I know graphics and gameplay is most aspect of the emulator but if you don't have opengl or directx then where do the graphics come from absolutely nowhere are you going to choose directx or opengl for your emulator coding is somewhat of the project but most of it goes into graphics that is the main concern right now without graphics then you would have a blank screen as the emulator and that would really suck noone would want to play the emulator without directx or opengl sorry for wasting your time but I know your group is working hard on the xbox emulator I just thought I would share this with you keep up the great work!

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
hi again, i have tried with demon stone in dxbx, first: i extract only the xbe file into of 1 folder,,and just i play star emulation, when xbe conversion to .exe is right send me a error: dxbxkrnl.dll can´t be found, what happen with this?, can someone tell me how can i see xbox iso game routes jut like ps2dis does it for ps2 iso gameS? can i to make patches for actual dxbx?i have tested: mercenaries, and others games and nothing happens..
Besides the fact that hes using a translator to post and hes probably a botter.
Why was he banned? :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Frog, we are using directx version 8.
With that library yah can do Sound / Graphics / Input and even netwerk when the games are playable.

Only my knowladge about directx is not high quality. so i need to learn / read alot on that part..
OpenGl is not a option yet.. because most functions that speeds up directx programming are not commen to Standard OpenGl.

XBlade.. I dont know why he is banned... we have only writing rights... we can not ban people.. that you need to ask a admin of the ngemu forum.

·
Banned
13 Posts
hi to everyone, question: get many xbox games is a good option trusting in dxbx emulation for to play in this??The bios is well within the dxbx is right the conversions to x86-win32??why the games not run anything in the lastest versions?i have read here about xbox skip videos is this possible?i have: lord of the rings, rpm tunnming, goldeneye, star wars republic... and more xbox games

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
we are translating cxbx first... ater that we look for video skips and stuff.
but first we need to concentrat on the translation part

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
well its very early to ask that...
erm, any chance that dxbx can run on Vista x64 properly?
cos i'm thinking to use it as standalone OS.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts