Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those interested in DXbx progress:

I've just commited a rudimentary patch to enable xISO support. Dxbx and XBEExplorer can now also read default.xbe's from (valid) Xbox1 xISO files!

With this patch also comes a mock-up for an object-based file-system emulation layer. It's still in an early stage, so I might just delete the whole thing if I don't get it to work right, but if I do, it's one step closer to better emulation.

Now, as usual, don't expect Dxbx to do anything yet - we're a long way of from the level of compatibility that Cxbx has, but we're catching up at a slow, but steady pace.

One other thing that might be good to tell, is that we're streamlining our code in such a way that we can compare it better with the Cxbx sources (using Beyond Compare - a magnificent tool, that speeds up our translation considerably).

Also, I'm researching the possibility to circumvent Delphi's automatic reference-counting on interfaces entirely, because that's our main cause of errors. (More on this later)

Okay that's all folks, cheers for now!

·
Registered
137 Posts
patrickvl
Hi pat it's frog I just wanted to say this is great news thanks for for your hard work I have one question to ask though is the iso support in the dxbx 0.1 emulator or are you going to put it into the next release of the emulator? good luck to you and your team for making a cool emulator well thanks for everything!

·
Registered
907 Posts
if you read all .. then you already know the answer to your question.

"I've just commited a rudimentary patch to enable xISO support. Dxbx and XBEExplorer can now also read default.xbe's from (valid) Xbox1 xISO files!

With this patch also comes a mock-up for an object-based file-system emulation layer. It's still in an early stage, so I might just delete the whole thing if I don't get it to work right, but if I do, it's one step closer to better emulation"

so prehaps it is in there.. prehaps it is not
and when the next release will be there.. we also dont know.

we are hard working on debuggin and new features. but we still dont have screens working.

when the some bugs are fixed, alot of new things are working again.. but we still have alot of work on the interfaces.
These are realy jamming everything for now.. if that is fixed debugging will go a lot smoother.

bit it does not garentee that we have playable games when the interfaces are working perfect with the referance counting.

The oly good news is.. when things are getting to work... things realy speeding up alot

thats all for now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts